𝐧𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐧

Jungwon ran home as quickly as he could. He was now paranoid. It sounded like another pair of footsteps ran behind him. He was too scared to turn around, scared he'd find a deranged man with an axe in his hand chasing after him. He now hated watching horror movies.

He didn't know the area too well since he and his mother only moved there a week ago but he knew it just well enough to be able to find his way back to the apartment complex he lived in.

He punched in the code to the gate and headed straight to where he stayed. He only calmed down when he locked the room's door behind him.

He slid down to the ground, back against the wall as he caught his breath. He had just run a ten-minute drive without taking any breaks. He was sweating buckets and was definitely overheating. The sun was blazing that day which only added to the reason why he shouldn't have run that far.

At least he was safe.
He thought.

After he cooled down a bit he stood up and walked into his room. What was he gonna tell his mother when she got home? He shrugged, he'd make up a lie later.

He set his backpack on his bed before remembering what he took earlier. He opened it and took out its contents. He reread the card and shook his head before finding a pen and underlining all the important details.

Happy birthday to the best son a mom could ask for!
...
Happy birthday, Sunshine! I love you so much don't you ever forget that. Even though I'm not here to tell you this anymore I hope you'll believe it. I hope you find happiness in this world without me.

Sincerely, your mother

Sunshine's mother left him definitely, but how? He took out the piece of paper with the numbers on it and analyzed them. The numbers looked oddly familiar as if he had seen them before. That's when it clicked, 240698 was Sunshine's birthday. June 24th, 1998.

He sat on his bed as he tried to figure out if he knew anyone who was born on that day but he didn't. So if Sunshine isn't Sunoo, who is he?

He took out the rope, it looked like it had been used. Jungwon ran his finger over where it looked most used, near the end. As soon as he did he felt a sharp needle-like pain in his pointer finger.

He winced at the pain and then looked at his finger. A hot red liquid ran down his finger, making its way to his hand. He cursed under his breath before making his way to the bathroom.

He put his finger under the water as he went to find a bandaid with his free hand. He stopped not too long after due to the excruciating pain he felt in his finger. He looked up from under his cabinet and saw his whole hand was covered in blood. He quickly got a towel and placed it over his open wound but soon blood started to bleed through the towel, causing Jungwon to panic.

He ran more water on it desperately and used the same towel to wipe the blood off, getting a bandaid and messily wrapping it around his finger. He sighed in relief as he wiped imaginary sweat off of his forehead.

His smile instantly faded when he saw crimson red running down his finger once again. He cursed and ripped the bandaid off, now wrapping the towel around his finger. He felt his hand going limp as he tried as hard as he could to stop the bleeding.

His vision started to get blurry as tears accumulated in his eyes. "Stop!" He yelled in frustration as he saw more blood pouring out of his finger. It was unreal how much blood was coming out of his finger. He saw his arm grow paler and sat on the floor in defeat.

He cried his eyes out as his skin slowly grew lighter and lighter. A pool of blood rested under his helpless body.

His blinks started to get slower as he tried to keep his eyes open but it was no use. His eyes shut as he sat lifeless on the bathroom floor.