𝐧𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

Lunch rolled by pretty quickly. Jungwon couldn't wait to dig into some delicious food after the weird morning he experienced. After packing up all his belongings he left the classroom right behind the brunette. He soon made it to the staircase and instinctively looked down to make sure he didn't miss a step but when he looked up the boy was gone.

'Maybe he got lost in the crowd.' Jungwon told himself as he made his way down the stairs.

He arrived at the cafeteria and when he did the first thing he noticed was a huge banner that hung across the back wall that had the words: Always Succeed, written on it in bold letters. Sure, it wasn't weird for schools to have a slogan or something but this one felt weird. It had a menacing undertone and seemed more like a demand than encouragement.

All the eyes on him didn't help stop this feeling either. Everyone was talking to one another normally but they kept looking at him with pity and fear. He didn't know why, but that wasn't the worst thing he had experienced that day.

He got his meal from the creepy lunch ladies before going to look for a spot to sit in. All the tables were full except for one that had a boy with big Bambi-like eyes sitting at it. He looked like he was just as crazy as Jungwon thought himself to be because he seemed like he was talking to someone, a group of people actually, but no one was there.

Jungwon was kinda weirded out by him so he decided to leave the building and sit in the bleachers outside. He sat in silence as he thought about all of the morning's occurrences. He was admiring the bright blue sky when he saw the clouds move at a strange pace. "Wh-?" Jungwon asked out loud as it looked like the clouds were forming letters.

"Be careful... he has eyes around the school..." Jungwon read as the words were formed. "Look down," He says after more words formed. He did so and saw the white lines on the field read: We're warning you. Pay close attention to detail.

Jungwon furrowed his eyebrows as he wondered what the hell was going on. Was he seeing things or was someone or something trying to tell him something? We're? Did that mean there was more than one? His head was getting full of theories when a group of boys walked up to him.

"Hi!" The boy with pink hair from earlier greeted him brightly. "H-hi?" Jungwon greeted back with an awkward smile. "You're Jungwon, right?" The boy asked. Jungwon nodded as he tried to process what was going on. "Good to know! I'm Sunoo and these are my friends! Mind taking over, Hyung?" Sunoo introduced himself.

"Ah, yes... I'm Lee Heeseung, the one you were staring at in the cafeteria," The male awkwardly chuckled. Jungwon blushed out of embarrassment before Heeseung spoke up. "It's okay, I like to talk to myself sometimes. Anyways, this is Jake. You two have third period together as I've been told," Heeseung introduced the shy brunette. Jake smiled a bit as he gave Jungwon a small wave.

Jungwon smiled fondly at the boy, giving him more confidence. "Nice to meet you," Jake mumbled, gaining a pat on the back from Heeseung. "Nice to meet you too," Jungwon replied.

"These are the lovebirds, Jay and Sunghoon," Heeseung told Jungwon as he pointed to the two. Jungwon gave them a sweet smile but Jay seemed annoyed while Sunghoon gave Jungwon a smile back. Heeseung nudged Jay in the side before putting his attention on a really tall boy, actually the blonde from earlier.

"Mind introducing yourself?" Heeseung asked the boy. He nodded and bowed to Jungwon. "I'm Riki, but I'd rather you called me Ni-ki. I only let the people close to me call me that," The boy informed him. "I understand," Jungwon said as he nodded his head.

"So... how's your first day been?" Heeseung wondered as he sat next to Jungwon. "Can I be one hundred percent honest with you guys?" Jungwon asked. "We won't tell a soul," Sunoo smiled. "Great... uhm, today has been kind of weird. I don't know if it's the stress of transferring schools in the middle of the year or if my mind hates me, but something about this place doesn't sit right with me. Everyone except you guys have been weird and everyone keeps smiling at me in a creepy way. In short, I feel like I'm going crazy," Jungwon explained.

"No, you're not going crazy," Heeseung reassured him. Jungwon nodded as he looked at his lap. The six friends gave each other a look before Jake tapped him on the shoulder. "Wh-what do you like to do in your free time?" He questioned him. "Other than sleeping, I like to listen to music. My dad actually got me into music. When I was younger he'd always sing to me," Jungwon responded but noticed how everyone tensed at the mention of his father.

"That's a-amazing... how's your d-dad now?" Sunoo asked with a faltering smile. "H-he died- when I-I was s-six," Jungwon stated as he tried to not cry. "Sorry for asking," Sunoo apologized as he looked at the grass underneath them. "It's okay," Jungwon told him as he wiped away a tear.

Heeseung clenched his fists and Jungwon noticed it but didn't think much about it. "How about we play a game?" Sunghoon suggested with an enthusiastic voice. Everyone agreed and talked and played various games together until lunch break was over.

"We'll talk to you later!" Sunoo announced as the group of friends strayed further and further away from him. Jungwon nodded and stayed back a bit. Had he actually made friends?

He picked up his tray and saw something carved into the metal bleachers. 'Did he actually die?'

Jungwon thought that was extremely weird. Was it just a strange coincidence or was someone actually trying to hint at something? Jungwon shook the thoughts away.

'Hm, Maybe I'm going crazy."