𝐧𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 - 𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐧, 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧

"He's gonna find out soon, and it's not gonna be by us. We need to do something now," The man stressed as he paced back and forth. "Hyung, it'll be okay," One of his friends tried to calm him down.

"Do you want him to end up like us?! They are looking for him as we speak, and you think that it'll be okay?! Open your eyes for just a second!" He yelled at his friend causing everyone else to back away, scared.

"I'm tired of your optimism! HE COULD GET KILLED! WHY AREN'T YOU PANICKING?!" He shouted, frustrated with everyone and everything.

"Hyung, please calm down. We'll make sure he's okay," Another reassured. "I don't know... I vouched to do that with all of you... but here you are, dead... all because of me," A tear fell from his eye. Guilt ate him up.

All of them walked up to the older, giving him a comforting group hug. "Hyung, you're a victim too. The first victim. Stop putting so much pressure on yourself. You did amazing today when Riki was struggling and it was so clever of you to use the birds as a distraction on Jungwon. Calm down, please," The one with pink hair smiled as he tried to hold back his tears.

"Thanks...," He smiled as he wiped a tear away.

The garden, the fountain.
It was his happy place.

He easily got overwhelmed, today was one of those days. He headed to the garden that sat not too far from his school's building. He had noticed something weird about the principal. He was tired of the smiles. He just wanted to go somewhere peaceful as he put together what was going on at this twisted school.

He sat by the grand fountain, taking a deep breath as he listened to the sounds of the water. He then took a notebook out of his backpack, getting a pen out not too long after. He then started writing all of the weird things he had noticed down.

Time went by fast as he wrote. It had already been an hour. He put his paper and pen back in his backpack and continued to sit at the edge of the fountain, admiring the view.

He should have left.

A beast waited for him to close his eyes so it could attack and get rid of him for good. He wouldn't let anyone ruin his plan.

The boy continued to listen to the calming sound of the water, loosening his body, and fully relaxing. He closed his eyes slowly, thinking about what he'd eat for dinner.

He then felt something yank at his hair causing him to yelp out in pain. He felt himself being pulled closer and closer to the water before his head fully emerged in the crystal blue waters.

He struggled for breath as he splashed in the water trying to get the hands that held onto his hair off of him. Letting out a large gasp, he saw the person torturing him was the man he was speculating this whole time.

He became furious and fought with more passion and strength. He saw the man losing his patience due to him not dying yet. He then felt two hands around his neck. He couldn't fight anymore. It had been ten minutes, he couldn't keep fighting.

He gave up.
This was how he died.

Jungwon woke up, his neck aching in pain. He looked around and saw he was sitting on the floor of his bathroom. He remembered what happened earlier. He didn't know what time it was. He looked at the floor and saw that there wasn't even the smallest drop of blood there. He looked at his finger and saw it was completely fine.

He got up groggily and entered his room. He saw everything on his bed. A rope, a piece of paper, a card, his phone, and a... book? He looked at its cover, "The Evil Man Dies...?" He read out loud. He felt like he had seen the book somewhere but couldn't pinpoint where.

His memory was still a bit foggy, maybe it was on the table with the other stuff too?

He picked up his phone and looked at the time, 11:30 pm. Why had his mom never woken him up? He walked out of his room and walked into the kitchen, she wasn't there. He looked in the living room, she wasn't there. He went into her room and saw her asleep. But he noticed something on her face. There were multiple tear streaks there. He saw her holding something in her balled-up fist. It looked like paper.

He carefully opened her hand and saw a picture of the family from back when Jungwon was five. Although the original picture contained the three of them it seemed like she ripped Jungwon's father out of the picture.

Jungwon felt angry and sad tears run down his face. He was mad but not at his mother. He was mad at himself.

He felt insanely crazy.