𝐧𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

Jungwon swiftly snagged the objects that were on the table and stuffed them into his backpack. Something weird was going on and he was going to get to the bottom of it.

He quickly headed to class and entered the room. "Mind explaining where you were, Jungwon?" His teacher asked bitterly. Jungwon smiled awkwardly. How was he gonna explain what happened?

"Tell the truth. They'll know either way," He heard a voice say. He didn't even bother turning around because he knew no one was there. He was going crazy. He was hearing voices. He had already come to accept it. Now all he had to do was listen. It would be the smartest thing to do, right?

"I-I got distracted by another student and wandered down the wrong hall. I apologize and it won't happen again," He informed the lady who had an expressionless face. "It better not!" She snapped before pointing at the chair he sat in the day prior.

He did as told and went to his seat, head hanging low. As the teacher went on with the lesson Jungwon glanced over at the seat beside him. It was empty. He was highly confused by his morning and not seeing Sunoo in the seat beside him was much of an indicator that his theory of Sunoo being the one in that classroom could be possibly true.

But, what was going on? Was he being hung? Is that why there was a rope on that table? What about the card and the numbers? Was Sunshine Sunoo? He had so many questions on just that alone. He couldn't even think of what happened before classes started. He just hoped that Ni-ki would be okay.

Jungwon was headed towards the cafeteria. He somehow felt more scared, sad, and lonely than he did the day before. He knew it was supposed to be the opposite but so many things had happened he didn't know what to do. And what made him feel even worse is the fact that he hadn't seen any of his 'friends' after what happened with Ni-ki.

He wondered what Heeseung said that was so important that none of them could attend the rest of their classes.

He made it into the cafeteria and got his food. He was about to find the table Heeseung was at yesterday maybe they'd be there, but then he remembered what the voice told him before he went to bed.

"Do not eat in the cafeteria tomorrow."

He didn't know why he shouldn't but alas he didn't and went back to the bleachers of the school's field. He sat at the same spot as before and was about to put the first mouth-watering bite into his mouth. Just as he almost took his first bite he felt someone tap him on the shoulder. He sat his utensils down and looked to his left to see, Haerin.

"You keep popping up out of nowhere," Jungwon chuckled, a bit weirded out. "Yeah, uhm. About this morning, what happened?" She asked him with a weird sense of curiosity. She seemed almost too excited to find out why he was in such a hurry.

"I-, one of my friends got hurt. That's all," He shrugged, honestly wanting her to get away from him. "I know that's not all but I won't push you," She smiled kindly. Jungwon only nodded his head leading to Haerin speaking again. "Why are you out here?" She wondered as she looked at all of the scenery.

"Oh, It's nothing. I just like it out here," Jungwon lied. "Well, why don't you come inside with me? I'm really fun. I just think it's really hot out here. Don't you think so too?" She says hopefully. "Uhm, no, sorry. We can talk more in gym though," He politely declined.

He missed Haerin rolling her eyes. "Okay! See you later, Pal," He cheerfully bid her goodbyes. Jungwon gave her a small wave before minding his own business. After he saw she was gone he went back to his food. As soon as his lips touched the cuisine, food went flying everywhere.

"Hey! What the fuck?!" He shouted at whoever did that. "Here, eat this," Heeseung said strictly. "What is going on?!" Jungwon asked, angered as he took the bag of chips out of the older's hands.

"They put something in the food," Heeseung informed him with a straight face. "Huh?!" Jungwon exclaimed out of disbelief. "They put rat poison in the food. If you're hungry eat the chips," Heeseung told him. Jungwon was taken aback by what he was told. He was confused but didn't say anything more about the matter.

"I... uhh, where are the others?" Jungwon asked as Heeseung sat down beside him. "They'll be here soon," Heeseung replied. Jungwon nodded before opening the bag and eating the chips.

"Where is he?!" A man shouted with a loud and thundering voice. "S-sir, we don't know," One of the lunch ladies fearfully confessed. "I told you I wanted him today and dead!" The man continued to shout. "W-we're sorry sir. We really are," The lady said as she tried to hold back her tears. "Where's the girl?! Bring her to me now!" He demanded. Another one of the workers got up to search for a certain female as the man searched the cafeteria.

The students trembled in fear as the guy got closer to them. He would slam his hands on the table making their food fly all over the place. He then yelled at them, asking if they had seen someone or something.

After checking the whole room up and down a younger girl walked up to him and told him something. When he heard what she said he headed for the door that led him to the fields. He stormed out of the building and walked down the path with loud and heavy footsteps.

...

Heeseung and Jungwon were talking to each other when out of the corner of his eye Heeseung saw something heading towards them. He gulped a bit before distracting Jungwon. "Woah, look at all of those birds!" He beamed as he pointed towards the sky. Jungwon looked in that direction and saw a whole flock of birds. He was so intrigued by the number of them that he almost didn't catch their unnatural formation.

Jungwon looked closer and saw it.

Leave the school now. I'm serious, Jungwon.
Go behind the bleachers and you should see an opening just big enough for you to fit through.

Jungwon got up abruptly. "Sorry, Hyung. I have to go. I just remembered I have to do something really important," He excused himself. "O-oh, okay. I can give you a ride if you want," Heeseung offered but Jungwon declined. "See you tomorrow," Jungwon chirped. "Bye," Heeseung waved before Jungwon made his way down the stairs and behind the bleachers just as he was told.

The man had made it to where Jungwon sat but saw no one there. It hadn't seemed like anyone visited the place all day. He groaned out of anger and he stomped his feet.

"God, this boy drives me crazy!"