𝐧𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞

"Wonnie! Time to wake up. School starts in an hour," Yang Minyeong told her son who was sleeping peacefully. He groaned as he faced the wall. "Jungwon, get up! You can not be late for your first day of school," She stated as she opened the blinds. Jungwon hid himself under the covers to hide from the light but that didn't last long because soon after he felt the cold air from his room tickle his bare legs.

"I don't want to go," He whined as his mother folded her arms. "Oh, You're going mister. Get ready in the next thirty minutes or that phone of yours is mine," She commanded the boy before walking out of the room.

Jungwon yelled into his pillow causing a muffled noise to circulate around his room. "So freaking annoying!" He shouted. This time there was no pillow muffling his screams. His words echoed through the whole complex. His neighbors definitely heard him along with his mother who rolled her eyes as she stood in the kitchen.

The boy got up from his bed and walked towards the bathroom that was attached to his room. He got dressed and freshened up taking his sweet time. He didn't care about being late to school, hell, he didn't want to go at all. But he knew that wasn't an option so he decided to get up and not risk his phone being taken.

The young boy walked out of his room wearing his new uniform. He hated the green and purple color combination. He thought it looked stupid and childish. The blazer was black but it had green and purple accents to it. Half of it was purple and the other was green. The buttons and the school logo were gold. The tie kinda looked like a candy cane as the colors swirled around the fabric. Luckily the pants were all black. He was glad at that fact because he had seen the skirts for the girls were also green and purple in a flannel pattern.

He made his way over to the kitchen which wasn't too far away and sat down at the island, waiting to be served.

His mother smiled seeing her little boy all dressed up in his uniform. She sat a plate down in front of him and pinched his cheek. He quickly snatched his face away from her and rubbed the part of his face that was touched by his mother. She pouted at his action and sighed.

"Look, Won. I know you're upset about this whole thing but I promise everything will be perfectly fine. Maybe we could let go of the past and finally be able to live in the present," She reassured him as she fixed his hair.

"Let go of the past, really?!" Jungwon scoffed feeling his blood boil. "Is that all dad is to you? The past?" He asked as his anger grew. "Won-, that's not what I meant," She started. "How can I let go of the past when it's the only thing I have left that reminds me of my own fucking father?" He growled.

Minyeong tried to calm him down but it was no use. Once Jungwon was mad the only thing that calmed him down was himself. And he was not in the mood to take deep breaths or think of his father singing to him. He got up and left out of the apartment not forgetting to slam the door after himself.

His mother sighed as she followed behind him. "Jungwon! At least let me drive you there!" She shouted after him. He stopped and waited for her to catch up. Once she did the two walked to the car and got in.

Jungwon hadn't even got to his school yet and he was already having a horrible day.

The car ride was quiet. Only the faint sound of the radio and Jungwon's heavy breathing could be heard. After driving for around ten minutes the two arrived at the entrance of the school.

"Bye, honey," Minyeong told her son. Jungwon let out a quiet 'bye' before exiting the car. 'Deep breaths Jungwon, deep breaths.' He told himself in his head as he stood at the front of the school. Weirdly enough, no one was in the entrance of the school. Well, no one but a boy with blonde hair. He was sitting under a tree holding what looked like a book. Jungwon didn't want to bother the kid so he headed straight towards the front office to get his schedule.

He entered the room and saw a lady at the front desk. "Excuse me," He called out to the lady to get her attention. She looked up and flashed him an unnerving smile. That smile made Jungwon flinch. 'Creepy much.' He frowned at the lady in his head.

"Are you Yang Jungwon?" She asked. Jungwon nodded confirming who he was. She then typed something on the computer before looking back up at the boy, the same smile still plastered on her face. "Here you go, Jungwon," She told him as she handed him a piece of paper, his schedule. He thanked her and left the office.

Once he arrived back in the hallway he let go of the breath he didn't know he was holding. "That was creepy," He told himself out loud. "Get used to it," He heard someone tell him from behind. He jumped at the voice and turned around but saw no one. Well, no one but the boy with blonde hair but he was all the way down the hall so it couldn't be him.

Jungwon shrugged; "Hm, Maybe I'm going crazy."