𝐧𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱

Jungwon was biting into the toasted bread that had butter smeared all over it slowly. Half of the reason why he was doing that was because he didn't want to go to school. The other half is because of the reason why he doesn't want to go to school.

He hadn't felt good after what happened the night prior. Was he actually talking to a ghost or was it all in his head? Either way, both of them are fucked and Jungwon knew that. He didn't know what to think anymore. One day of school made him start hearing ghosts or actually made him lose his sanity.

"Hurry up, Won. You're gonna be late and that'll make me late," Mrs. Yang rushed her son as she entered the kitchen. "Leave without me," Jungwon told her as he stared at nothing. "Jungwon! I'm not in the mood for games. I have a client at 8:00 and it's already 7:41. Hurry up!" She informed the teenager who couldn't care less.

Even though he didn't mind whatever his mom said he still didn't want her to be late and possibly lose a job for the third time in the past year. He took the toast off of his plate and put the plate in the sink. He then got his backpack off the ground and put it on his back as he held his breakfast in his mouth. Soon after Jungwon left out of the house, not telling his mother a thing. She sighed before following him.

The duo made it to the building they were headed to and bid their goodbyes. Jungwon watched as his mom drove away and only faced the school when the car she drove looked like a speck of dust.

He looked at the building's exterior and took in all of its details. It was made of grey stone that was starting to grow moss. If he was any younger he would've thought this place was a castle. It had the pointy roofs and everything. There were trees lined up symmetrically to the side of its entrance along the gates which were also brick. The trees were dark which also fit everything else's aesthetic. There was also a nice garden to the left if you went down that path. Jungwon couldn't see it too well but he did see really pretty flowers over there.

As he continued to take in all of what was in front of him he noticed a blonde boy sitting all by himself against one of the trees on the right reading a book. He squinted a bit before realizing who it was.

"Ni-ki!" Jungwon called out to him. The said boy looked up but didn't say anything. Jungwon made his way over to the blonde and squatted down closer to his level. "Aren't you supposed to be in class?" Jungwon asked. Ni-ki shook his head, "Class starts in five minutes," The boy stated. "Oh, uhm... mind if I join you?" Jungwon asked hopefully. Ni-ki seemed skeptical at first but ultimately agreed.

Jungwon gave him a cute smile before sitting beside him. "Uhm, yesterday... you didn't talk a lot, I was wondering if-," — "I don't open up easily to strangers," Ni-ki cut him off. Jungwon's lips formed and O as he nodded slowly. "Maybe we could get to know more about each other so we aren't strangers anymore?" The shorter of the two suggested. Ni-ki looked to the other side of himself, the side Jungwon wasn't on, and seemed to be talking to someone although Jungwon couldn't hear anything. It was just Ni-ki mouthing something to... someone else...? Jungwon didn't judge though. The past 24 hours for him was a doozy.

Ni-ki soon turned to Jungwon and nodded. "What would you like to know?" He asked. Jungwon took a second to respond as he tried to think of conversation starters. "For starters, how old are you? I wanna know if I should call you 'hyung' or not," Jungwon kindly wondered.

Ni-ki gulped a bit as his eyes darted around. Jungwon was a bit confused on why he acted that way but he didn't really mind it. "I'm sixteen," Ni-ki told him. "Really? I am too!" Jungwon smiled excitedly. He was really glad to have something in common with the boy beside him. "When's your birthday?" Jungwon asked. What if they had the same birthday or zodiac sign too?!

"I was born in December," Ni-ki publicized the month he was born. Jungwon took a second to do the math in his head. "Wait, you're older than me. I should be more respectful. I'm really sorry," Jungwon apologized, finally realizing their age difference.

"It's okay. You don't even have to use honorifics with me," Ni-ki spoke with a smile. "Oh, okay," Jungwon got a little shy. He found the older's smile to be extremely pretty. "Uhm, want to know anything else?" Ni-ki asked. Jungwon nodded before speaking; "What are some of the things you like doing?" The younger questioned. "I've seen you reading quite a lot. Is that something you enjoy?" Jungwon commented.

"Yeah, uhm, reading calms me down," Ni-ki answered. "That's cool. I wish I had the patience to sit down and read an actual book," Jungwon remarked causing Ni-ki to chuckle. "How about growing up? You know about my dad and love for music but, you...?" Jungwon said curiously.

"I, uhm..," Ni-ki started looking around nervously. Jungwon realized maybe Ni-ki wasn't comfortable with telling his personal life so he apologized; "I'm sorry, you don't have to tell me if you're not ready. I completely understand," Jungwon smiled sweetly. "Thanks for understanding," Ni-ki returned the smile.

It was quiet between the two for a few seconds after that. Jungwon looked around and still saw nobody outside. "Hey, Ni-ki," The boy called out to the other. "Hmm?" The said male hummed. "You've been going here ever since first year, right?" Jungwon asked. "Y-yeah," Ni-ki barely got out. His voice seemed dry as if he hadn't had anything to drink in days.

"Do you know of any weird occurrences happening?" Jungwon questioned him, not noticing how uncomfortable and in pain he looked. "I uhm, I don't know wh-at you're t-talking about," He replied as he held onto his neck and head. "A-are you okay?" Jungwon finally realized something wrong with the older. "Please find Heeseung hyung," Ni-ki commanded the younger in a hoarse voice.

"Wh-where is he?" Jungwon asked. "The garden, look there," Ni-ki told him as it seemed like the life was draining out of his face. Jungwon instantly got up and ran towards the garden he saw earlier. He ran through the rows of flowers and sculpted bushes until he saw... Haerin?

"Jungwon! Hi!" She greeted him cheerily. "Hi, nice you want to talk but I have to find someone," Jungwon spoke as nicely as possible. "Why in such a rush?" She asked. "I'll explain later. I have to go," He dismissed and walked around her.

She turned her head towards his direction and watched him run further into the garden. A sly smirk appeared on her lips before she walked to the building where they learned. She knew...

Jungwon was in fact going crazy.

a/n note!!: not trying to seem like i'm begging for anything but a vote and comment would be appreciated. it'd also motivate me and I'd love to hear your thoughts and opinions!
May 🌷

...