The War

One of the castle guards pulled them from their little world. The man was panting and breathless, he didn't seem to notice the figure in his King's arms as he appeared from the back.

"Sir Theon and Sir Brianna are here. They have urgent news, the one you've been waiting for."

Rokan closed his eyes and sighed, Evanora could see the muscles in his back tensing. She wanted to reach out to him but held her hand close to her chest instead.

"Let them into my study," Rokan said with an annoyed voice. The guard nodded and only then seemed to notice the presence of someone else with the king. Evanora was frozen in her place, She stood behind the king and wished the guard wouldn't notice her, she was already an unwanted presence in the kingdom, and the last thing she wanted was to have more rumors spread about her.

Luckily the King shielded her and glared at the guard who quickly understood and moved away from them.

As soon as the king turned around again to face Evanora, she blurted out:
"I will be leaving then, good night." She started running away back to her room without sparing the man a single glance. She had her hand clutched over her heart as she was swallowed by the darkness.

"Why does she keep putting walls around her.." The king sighed as he walked to meet his knights. His mind was filled with thoughts of Evanora. When he reached the room and opened the door, however, he was struck back to reality as he saw the pale knights in front of him.

"Your Highness!" Theon rushed to him.

"Speak."

"It's the western kingdom of Larth, I got the news that they are preparing their army to attack."

A sarcastic snarl escaped the King, he had already anticipated this and he was excited. It's been a while since he was on the battleground.

After Brianna explained what their spies had gathered from the western kingdom and the suspicious behavior of their king, Rokan stood from his desk and spoke.

"They won't attack now, they will wait until everyone has returned to their kingdoms and when we are supposed to be resting after the celebrations, they will be here. Gather everyone by dawn."

                 With the first sun rays at the dawn of the second day after the ball, Rokan stood in his armor on the walls of his kingdom, he watched the horizon and took a deep breath. King Robie was making his move sooner than he expected but he was ready for it. He was ready to put an end to this and get to the bottom of this hostility, why was he raging a war against him, and why now? Was he scared of the curse?

Rokan walked by to his study and headed for a large closed door, he pushed it open and there stood all his men in their armors around a large table. Maps were laid open and wooden pawns referring to the positions of each group and the enemy.