I'm the Wicca

After realizing what had happened, she had imagined standing up and tearing down Silas's office to shreds, screaming, and setting the entire Tower on fire. Instead, she had remained kneeling on the ground, trembling uncontrollably, eyes wide and wild, her breathing harsh as she envisioned herself wrecking chaos and unleashing the flames within her to consume everything in their path.
Yet, that day she hadn't shed a single tear while now they streamed down her cheeks.

"I-I'm sorry...That..That day I didn't shed a single tear...I..I don't understand why..why now..." Evanora said between sobs. "I hate this..I'm always..always crying in front of you,"

Rokan leaned closer, wiping away her tears and waiting for her to calm down. He had never imagined that she had to go through all of that heartbreak by herself. He could see that the last thread of hope she had, had broken.

"To Silas, I'm nothing but a pawn. He believes that only pure-blood wizards are worthy of magical powers. He wants to eradicate all the mod-bloods and he wants to use my powers for that." She continued once she calmed down a little. She brushed her hair out of her face, "He even arranged my marriage to Izac, the eldest grandson of the Chamass elder."

Rokan looked away at the mention of marriage, he now understood what that guy was talking about earlier, he kept quiet and listened as Evanora explained her grandfather's plan, the celebrations, and everything bound to happen in the next month. For a while, neither of them spoke.
Rokan sat back on the chair absorbing all the information while Evanora hugged her knees and felt some weight lifting from her shoulders as she shared everything with someone else for the first time.

"What is that on your face?" Rokan suddenly asked.

"This? It's part of the ceremony of celebrating the Wicca. It's a spell and a way to mark her, me." She explained as she absent-mindedly trailed her fingers on the fine lines, already used to the spells they had been casting on her to augment her power and link her to the Tower and the council.

"What are you planning to do? You have something in mind, I can see it in your eyes."

"I have a plan." Evanora smiled tenderly at him, relishing the fact he was with her again. She had missed how she could easily open up to him and tell him what was bothering her. He had gone from her enemy to her most trusted confidant.

"Care to share?" He asked, feeling a glimpse of hope rising within his heart.

"I will, but not now. Now I need you to be careful of Izac and everyone around you. Here, give me your hand." She reached out her palm and he put his hand in hers without hesitation.

Evanora closed her eyes and put her other hand on his. He watched her as the purple light radiated from between her hands and engulfed his. He felt a slight pain on his wrist and she pulled away her hands. He checked his wrist and saw a small black triangle on his skin.

"This will help you see cursed objects. It's Izac's favorite game, make sure to avoid anything that looks weird." She instructed him.

"You can actually do something like this?" Rokan looked back at her with amazement.

"Your Highness, I'm the Wicca." She chuckled.

--------------------------

The next day, when it was finally time for dinner with Izac, Evanora headed for the dining hall, ready for whatever was to come. Izac acted indifferent as usual as they waited for their dinner with his usual teasing, trying to drive her into a corner. Once their food was served, he ordered everyone out before giving Evanora a funny-looking object and asking her to attach it to her ear.

Evanora hesitated and Izac rolled her eyes, assuring if he wanted to hurt her, he would have done it before and she believed him. He pulled a similar object and attached it to his ear too. Once hers was in place, he explained that it was a magical object allowing them to communicate securely without allowing anyone to eavesdrop.

"You are probably wondering what this is all about. Listen carefully, I have a suggestion for you." Izac looked up and tried to read Evanora's expression. "I'm sure that that man is important to you, so how about you leave all this Wicca business and leave with him? I will help you."

Evanora was taken aback by the sudden proposal and wondered if he was joking but Izac never looked as serious before.

"Why? Why would you do that?" Evanora couldn't help asking.

"With you out of the picture, it will be easier to ruin their plans," Izac responded, almost whispering.

"Their? The council? You are actually worried about someone other than yourself and want to stop the founding members?" Evanora's eyes widened and her mind raced with all the enhancements she could add to her plans if Izac was her ally.

"Yes, so since you are too scared of Silas, stay out of it and leave ...." Before Izac could finish his words, a silver knife was at his neck.

"You shouldn't talk to the Wicca in that tone." Rokan's voice came from above his head.

"Your Highness, please." Evanora's voice came from the other end of the table.

"Highness?" Izas repeated as he glanced between the Wicca and the man pressing a knife to his neck.

"I'm just helping our friend work on his manners," Rokan responded innocently.

Evanora got up from her seat and walked to the two men. She took the knife away from Rokan and set it on the table.

"Let me start by introducing you two then we will see how we can all unite our powers to serve our common goal."

Evanora smiled before telling Izac that the man in front of him was no other than the king of the Kassi kingdom.