[13] Japanese Showbiz & Mexican Gods

Start from the beginning

I caught up to the two girls who were already inside the school and went our own way to our classrooms.

....

Classes went without any issues. After the homeroom ended, Shizuka sensei came near my seat and asked if everything was going well. She did give me the heavy duty of taking care of another student, so perhaps she thought should keep tabs on me.

I and Shoko told her everything was going well, and she seemed pleased with that. A few hours later, lunch break happened, and I was surprised when someone came to look for me.

"Hey, Aqua!"

From the door of the classroom, Tsubasa waved her hand at me. The other classmates turned to look at her, the boys shockingly staring at her massive chest, while I waved back.

Why's she here? I wondered for a moment while I was already making my way to her while Shoko followed me.

"What's up?"

"Let's eat together. Ah, this must be Shoko, right?"

I think I told her and Ruby earlier that I would like to eat alone today, yet Tsubasa was here. Perhaps she was too curious about Shoko whom I told her about yesterday.

Oh well. It was unavoidable, they'd have met later anyway.

"Let's get out of here first," I told them and walked out of the classroom, making our way to the backyard of the school.

While walking past the hallways, I talked to Shoko and Tsubasa simultaneously with my voice and hands.

[–Her name is Tsubasa Saitou. She is the daughter of my uncle, my cousin. She's in 2nd year of the General Program.] I told Shoko, who nodded rapidly.

"Her name is Shoko Nishiyama, she is my classmate. Cute girl, deaf by birth, teacher told me to take care of her, but I like her so it's not a bother, you know the rest." I said to Tsubasa who just listened with a smile.

"She's cute," Tsubasa said. "Ahh, sadly I don't know sign language, I'd have loved to communicate with her more directly. When did you learn it, though?"

"A long time ago."

Shoko chimed in. [–What is she saying?]

[–She's calling you cute.] I said, seeing no point in lying. Shoko blinked, blushing, and Tsubasa turned to look at me surprised.

"D-did you just tell her what I said?"

"Just the first bit." I shrugged.

"Naughty, you shouldn't have. Now I feel embarrassed." She walked around from my right side and to my left, beside Shoko. She took out a small notebook and pen. Oh, she came here prepared. "Here, we don't need Aqua anymore, we can talk using this. Ah, Aqua, one last translation please."

I raised an eyebrow at her but told Shoko about it anyway. She quickly nodded, taking the notebook from Tsubasa, and smiled.

The rest of the day went smoothly. I told Shoko about my acting gig that was forced upon me, and she seemed really excited about it. She said she was excited to see me on television... and regretted that she won't be able to hear my voice, and asked me in a pleading voice if there would be subtitles for the show. I didn't know, but I told her there would be.

Though perhaps there won't be any need for subtitles, at the rate my emotions were progressing.

Other than that, I was really expecting a Devil to come to meet me by now, I did get stronger overnight, but if they could sense it they didn't show it, and so I was left alone for another day.