Part Liv - Uncle Maddox

Minnette's POV

I can't believe that I'm hugging the Royal Beta's wolf and he hasn't eaten me. I can't focus and I don't even know what to do. I felt his heartbeat slow down then he rubbed his huge ears on my face making me open my eyes and pull back only to be rewarded by a lick on the face that made me giggle because it reminded me of when Silver used to do it every time he returned from work.

"I think he likes you", the Alpha King said from a distance making me smile. "What's his name?", I asked without looking away from his black eyes. "Zveer", the Alpha King said making me furrow my brows. "It's Russian for Beast", he explained and I nodded. I rubbed his neck making him purr. "Ok then Zveer, wanna go for a walk?", I asked and he nodded.

We went in the opposite direction of where the border was and I kept hoping that he wouldn't change his mind and rush towards Mila's car again.

We reached a river and he sat down quietly, just observing it. 

"I got my heart broken once. I know how it feels. It's the worst thing ever", I said trying not to recall how I felt when Winston went MIA on me. I don't even know what would have happened if Ethan was not there to keep me sane. Zveer growled and for some reason I found myself saying, "It was before I met Max... Finding a mate can be the best thing in the world but finding a person to help you get through the worst time you've ever been in, when you need a shoulder to cry on is something else entirely... All I'm trying to say is, that my sister was hurt badly to the point of almost giving up on life. I know it's not my story to tell but Chester was there to pull her out of it. They have been inseparable for years, that kind of connection can't be broken Zveer, not even by the moon goddess herself", my words made him whimper. I rubbed his ears again and he closed his eyes leaning towards my hand.

When his eyes opened again, they were gold and I knew it was the Royal Beta. I smiled, "You will be ok Uncle Maddox", i said recalling how Mila's kids called him the last time he met them. He licked my face making me giggle again. "Let's go have some breakfast", I said while standing up. He got on his paws and started following me home.

When we reached home we found Silver playing with the kids in the backyard with the Alpha King having a chat with Nimerah. "Welcome back", Nimerah said with a huge smile then tossed some clothes at Zveer. He bit down on them and then rushed into the forest. "Hello, Your Majesty. Welcome", I said then bowed my head for a brief minute. "Thank you, Minnette, I'm sorry for crowding your space this early in the morning", she said making me smile. Sometimes they make me forget that they're Royals. "I don't mind. I'm gonna go make some breakfast for everyone then I'll come join you", I said then turned to Silver who had Monna on his back and Matt holding his front paw for balance. They looked cute. He winked at me, making me blush.

I was finishing up on the last batch of bacon when the Royal Beta walked in. He looked nervous. "I have amnesia so no need to think about the past", i said making him chuckle. "Thank you for doing what you did. Zveer can be a hand full sometimes", he said while sitting on one of the chairs on the kitchen counter. "I don't mind one bit. He's a good-looking wolf", I commented making him blush. This was very weird in so many ways. "I just want you to know that, I'm here if you need someone to talk to. We're practically family so...", I ended at that.

We called everyone in and had breakfast together.

"Max, when are you returning to work?", the Royal Beta asked when I was feeding Matt. "In a week, why?", Max asked while putting the dishes in the top cupboard. "Riggs is so much of a dad that I don't think he even tries to push the recruits during training", the Royal Beta said making Max chuckle. "That he is but it doesn't mean his method doesn't work", my husband commented but it was clear that the Royal Beta wanted him back to work as soon as possible. "You could always go... I mean the kids will be joining the daycare and I will be job hunting soon", I said while shrugging my shoulders. "Noup! I'm finishing my leave time as I planned thank you very much", he said then took Matt off his chair. "Dada!", he cheered making him laugh as he walked out of the kitchen with him.

"This was a well-deserved break. Thank you for having us Minnette", Nimerah said then hugged me. "You're always welcome Your Majesty", i said then bowed my head at the Alpha King. "Making you drop the formalities is a lost cause isn't it?", the Alpha King asked making me smile and nod. He shook his head with a chuckle then got in their SUV with the Royal Beta following behind them.

"What did you guys talk about? He looks like a changed man", Max asked me when we were getting ready to watch a movie with the kids. "Nothing out of the ordinary, i just told him a bit about my past and he just seemed to get it. I think he just needed someone to tell him it was going to be ok", I said and he nodded. "Daddy! We forgot the popcorn", Monna shouted from the theatre room making Matt follow with, "Dadadaaaa!". It made me laugh. "I got it!", he shouted back. "I can't believe I'm still sane", he said while picking up the popcorn from the kitchen counter.

We went to the theatre room and found Monna waiting for us with furrowed brows. "Daddy you're late", she said with sass making me roll my eyes as I picked Matt from the floor. "There's my handsome baby", i said making him laugh then his eyes fell on Max and he started leaning towards him. "Oh really? I pick you up and you want him?", I asked him but he was not paying attention to me. I gave him to Max. "Come here buddy, tell Mammy that it's ok to be second", he told a laughing Matt who kept on saying "Dada". Monna sat between us hugging the popcorn like her life depended on it as her Dad pressed play on Pocahontas movie.

I have no idea what happened but I woke up in our bedroom with Maximus spooning me and snoring like he was tasked to wake up the whole border. I recorded him the same way he did when I was pregnant then sent it to the family group and like clockwork, Colton and Liam were the first ones to comment.

Liam: What the fuck is that?

Colton: Who else?

Colton: That's Mr. Perfect to you 😏😏

Liam: Hell no!

Liam: Tell me you're joking

Colton: Minnette?!😈

I took a video and then sent it.

Liam: Jeez! Poor dude...

Liam: Was he on night duty?

Colton: I bet he wasn't that's just the real him.

Me: In his defense, Monna made us watch Pocahontas 🤷🏾‍♀️

Colton: 😴😴😴

Liam: 🤣🤣

Me: Payback issa bitch 😈😈

Colton: Nicely done 🙌🏻🙌🏻

Colton: Good night.

Liam: Good night.

Me: Good night.

I put the phone on the bedside table and then fell asleep.

"Minnette! You're so dead!", Max shouted from the kitchen making me start laughing before waking up because I knew he had just seen the WhatsApp messages. I love being sneaky.