Part xxxvii - The deadly stalker

Maximus' POV

We have just arrived from Fairy East Pack and all I want is to find my wife and fuck her so hard until she begs me to leave again but I arrive at an empty house. 'Adele, do you know where Minnette is? I just got home and the house is empty', I mind-linked Adele knowing she would know where my wife is, being neighbours and all. 'Max, um, we're in a pack hospital. Something happened', she said and I didn't think twice. I started running towards the pack hospital while praying to the moon goddess for my wife and child to be ok. I couldn't let our last time be us arguing.

When I arrived Nayeli ran to me and hugged me. She was shaken up. "It's my fault, I'm sorry", she kept saying and I couldn't focus. I needed to see her. "She's this way", Selene said making me nod and pull back from Nayeli. She took me to the ward where I found the Alpha King sitting on a chair next to her bed. "It's good that you're here. It will help with the healing process", he said while standing up.

I approached the bed and then put my hand on her forehead. After releasing a breath I tuned to Selene and the Alpha King. "What happened?", I asked no one in particular. "She was poisoned by someone called Claudia. Apparently, they met at the grocery store and walked home together. The next thing Nayeli knows is that Minnette was poisoned by a smoothie brought by this Claudia person".

"S-sh-e s-s-sai-d sh-e wa-s", Minnette struggled to talk, I stopped her and then reached for a glass of water. I helped her drink and then helped her sit properly while leaning on me. "Thank you", she said in a low voice making me furrow my brows. I had to distract myself from the red I was seeing so I kept on kissing her face randomly making her close her eyes.

The doctor walked in and ran his tests. "You're going to be just fine. You gave us quite a scare Minnette", he said with a smile making me kiss her forehead again. "Is the baby ok?", she asked the doctor, and by his smile, I was more relaxed. "Yes, she's fine", he said and I thought I heard wrong. "Did you say she?", I asked and Minnette's eyes went wide. "Yes, you didn't know did you?", he asked and we both nodded at the same time. "Well then I just saved you money for the gender reveal party", he teased then walked out of the room. "This is a dream come true. I can't wait to tell your Dad", her mother said with a huge smile then hugged her. "Congratulations Minnette", the Alpha King said making my wife's smile even bigger.

"Tell me who did this Nette", I said making her clear her throat. "She said her name was Claudia and you went to school together back in Crystal Fort Pack", she explained making me try to recall a Claudia but nobody came up. "We didn't have any Claudia at school only Calypso", I said it was like she recalled something. "She said that Calypso was your girlfriend from school. That her mate died and she vanished", she explained and all the stalker memories came back to me.

"What color were her eyes babe?", I asked knowing the answer I was going to get. "Brown I think", she said and I nodded. "You said she worked at the grocery store?", I asked and she nodded. 'Riggs we're going hunting', i told Riggs. 'I got you', he replied. 'Max bring her to me, alive', the Alpha King said making me furrow my brows but I had to accept it. "Babe, let me go check with the doctor on what he needs to discharge you quickly ok? I'll be right back", I said and when she agreed, I kissed her lips passionately and then gave her a peck on her forehead.

I met my squad outside the pack house and was happy when Kira said she had a visual. "She's at the grocery store. At least she didn't lie about her work", Selene said as we started heading to the location Kira shared. "So what's the story here?", Tyson asked. She was a good friend of mine. We practically grew up together. Everyone thought we were mates but when the time came she was mated to someone else. I was cool with it, she wasn't. On the night of their mating ceremony, they were attacked by rogues. I was on patrol duty and heard the screams, I rescued her before she could be killed and she just wouldn't take no for an answer. She kept saying that her mate dying was a sign that we were meant to be together. The last time I saw her was when I was having a fight with Colton and Dad about me rejecting Minnette because she was human and now this", I said while panting. Silver was on the verge of losing control. Messing with us would have been ok but our pup and wife. She had another thing coming.

"That's insane man. I can't believe she tried to harm a pregnant woman, how sick can you be?", Tyson asked making Riggs shake his head. "Very sick considering she put a dosage in that smoothie that was enough to kill a horse", Selene said adding fuel to my burning anger.

We found Kira waiting for us at the parking lot of the grocery store. "I need you to rule her out that way Tyson and I can contain her powers the rest of you don't move until Tyson puts the enchanted cuffs on her", she instructed and we nodded making everyone disappear leaving only Tyson and Kira in the open.

I took a deep breath and then walked into the grocery store casually. I saw her arranging boxes and pretended not to see her. I knew she saw me. I went to the children's aisle and started walking past everything. "Max? Is that you?", she asked falling into my trap just like I planned. "Yes...", I pretended not to know her. "It's Calypso. How have you been?", she asked pulling me in a hug. I felt disgusted but I held on. "What brings you here?", she asked. "Well, my wife is expecting and I've been away for work so I wanna grab a present before going home. What about you? How come I didn't know you were in the Royal Pack?", I said. She took a strand of hair putting it behind her ear. She blushed and I knew we were getting there.

"C, do you mind if we talk outside for a bit? I need to confess something", the nickname surprised her. "You remember", she said happily making me nod and smile. "I will never forget", I said pulling her out of the grocery store and to the parking lot until I was sure Kira saw us. "So what did you want to confess about?", she asked seductively.

"That I know you tried to kill my mate and I'm gonna make you pay!", I said angrily.