Chapter 26

It's been a peaceful weekend since Victoria managed to escape from the coven and the pack

It's been a peaceful weekend since Victoria managed to escape from the coven and the pack. The twins and I tried to cheer them up, but it only half worked. Anyway, Eliza is a few months from graduating her school, and Edward has been trying to build up the courage to give her a promise ring. Alice kept ranting about seeing their wedding, but one glare from me finally made her stop. She's been trying not to piss me off, but it's every so often now.

With her annoying me, and Victoria being a threat and pest, my emotions have been a little crazy. Demon had to come back to watch over me, again, which he was so thrilled about. I told him why, and he promised not to tell Jasper until I tell him.

I'm pregnant.

This is just poor timing. I mean, Jasper and I already have Apollo, Artemis and Kylie...would he want another kid? Would he look at me in disgust because of the horrible timing? Grandfather, what should I do?

"Everything okay?" I jump hearing Jasper's voice.

"Yeah. Everything's fine. Do you have your cap and gown ready?" I ask.

"Yes. But you're evading." Jasper answers.

"I'm fine." I say.

"Then why have your emotions been all over the place? I don't mean to push, Freya, that's not my intent. But I can tell that you're stressed and I just want to know so I can help." Jasper replies.

"I promise you, I'm fine. Yes, I'm stressed. But over something you don't know. Not yet." I say.

"You're trying to figure out when you want to tell me?" He replies, understanding.

I nod. "Let's just see when we can have a minute to ourselves. I just know that something bad is about to happen soon."

Pulling me into a kiss, we made it short knowing we had places to be.

Gathering the bag, I made sure to get some sunscreen.

[Forks High]
"When we were five, they asked us what we wanted to be when we grew up. Our answers were things like astronaut, president, or in my case a princess. When we were ten, they asked again and we answered; rock star, cowboy, or in my case, gold medalist. But now that we've grown up, they want a serious answer. Well, how about this: who the hell knows?!" Jessica says her speech, Jacob and I sat next to each other as the pack sat with us and the coven. Paul held Elliot with Rachel sitting next to him, I held Kylie while Sue babysat the twins back at the house. "This isn't the time to make hard and fast decisions, it's the time to make mistakes. Take the wrong train, and get stuck somewhere. Fall in love...a lot. But then find the right one who can't seem to escape your thoughts. Major in Philosophy because there's no way to make a career out of that. Change your mind. Then change it again, because nothing is permanent. So make as many mistakes as you can. That way, someday, when they ask again what we want to be...we won't have to guess. We'll know."