Chapter 22

[Whitlock House]Sadly, today was the day after Mr

[Whitlock House]
Sadly, today was the day after Mr. Clearwater's funeral. Everyone was still kind of grieving in their own ways, and Seth and Leah were being more calm than usual. Sam had said to me last night before he left that he, Seth and Leah had something they needed to tell us. With the meeting at the Cullen house happening later this evening and the Volturi arriving just soon after, I said we could meet for breakfast. Waking up next to me wife, I kiss her cheek then ran my hand up and down her side. She started to stir, but then she shot up and rushed to the bathroom. Flashing to her, she was on her knees in front of the toilet, throwing up. Kneeling next to her, I move her hair out of the way. Once she finished, I used a clip to hold her hair just long enough for me to wet a cloth then walk back over.

"What happened? Are you okay?" I ask her calmly. Leaning her up, she leaned against my chest, I gently rubbed the wet cloth against her face.

"Yeah. I'm good. I guess the stress got to me from last night. My body must have been on overdrive or something." Freya answers.

When I felt that she was calm enough, I lifted her up and carried her back to the bedroom.

"As long as you are okay, that's all that matters." I whisper to her before leaning in to kiss her, only for her to put her hand over my lips.

"I have morning breath and I just threw up. Can you let me brush my teeth before you kiss me?" She says.

"Of course. Let me help you up." I reply.

Helping her onto her feet, I made sure she was okay before going downstairs to start making breakfast. After putting the batter in the waffle maker, my beautiful Freya walks down the stairs and sits at the island bar. I saw that she had changed into some leggings and my hoodie.

"So, what's today's agenda again?" She asks, still waking up.

"Sam, Seth, and Leah are coming over to talk to us about something. Then this evening is the meeting at the Cullen house, then the Volturi should be arriving right after." I answered calm.

"Okay. Glad to be caught up. Again." Freya says which made me smile. River comes in and jumps onto her lap. She purrs before curling up into a cute little fur ball.

"So, how long before Demon returns?" I ask.

"No clue. He's probably enjoying his time up in Asgard, but I know he's given dad my message." She answers.

"I wanted to ask you something." I say to her. She nods. "What would you say, if we asked the Avengers to come over and be with us to talk to the Volturi?"

"I would say that it's too dangerous. The family is already in trouble because of what Edward has done with Bella, and if somehow Aro and his brothers know about James and Victoria, who knows how angry they are. If more people know about your kind, even the Avengers, they'd probably be forced to turn or worse, get killed. I can't ask them to step in and help, especially since I'm still lenient about them knowing about me since Dad still lied, period. I don't want them to lose their lives, even if they willingly choose to help." Freya answered.