Chapter 17

[Seattle]Still November

[Seattle]
Still November.

After an extra long flight due to weather and turbulence, we finally made it to land. Exiting from the plane, Jasper helped me down the last step when a familiar friend walks up to us.

"Hey. How was your flight?" Staci asks.

"Great. Slept like a rock." I answer.

"How are the twins?" Jasper asks.

"Wonderful. Earlier, I let Sam take Emily home so they could spend some quality time together, and so I could bring the twins up here to greet you." She answers.

"They're here?" I ask, only to have something or a pair of something's jump on my back.

"Mommy!"

"Oh, my babies!" I shout back, moving them so I could hug them.

"Hey, careful, your mother is carrying precious cargo." Jasper scolds them.

"Sorry, Daddy." The twins reply sad, I put them back down.

"It's okay. I promise. Daddy is just overprotective." I said to them, which made them smile. "So, how was it being watched over by Sam, Emily and Staci? We're you good?"

"Yes, Mommy." They answer.

"We colored." Apollo says.

"We swam." Artemis replies.

"And Sam and his friends showed us their wolf forms. They are so soft." Apollo says.

"Sam even let us onto his back and we walked through the woods. And took us to where they go cliff diving." Artemis replies.

"We wanted him to run, but Staci and Emily shot us down." Apollo pouts.

"I'm sure when you are a bit older, we can see about your adrenaline rush." I said.

"Has Demon been causing any trouble? How's River?" I ask.

"Perfectly fine. He mostly stayed in your 'private room' that you have and slept on your bed with River. He's been cranky as hell, but everyone's still trying to get used to a talking cat that's not actually a cat." Staci answered.