🦋17🦋

Arjun pulled over in front of a society. He parked the car in the parking lot and walked in front of one particular building. Building number 12A. He stepped out of his car and looked up at the building. He went inside and entered the lift. The lift went up and stopped on the 8th floor. 

Arjun came out of the lift and frantically walked to the apartment number 802. He rang the doorbell twice and then knocked on the door. The door opened revealing a girl who was dressed in her casual attire. 

This girl was none other than Kanika. 

" Arjun... tum yahan kya kar rahe ho?"
(Arjun... what are you doing here)

" Kanika... main... I am frustrated..."
(Kanika... I... I am frustrated...)

" Arjun I don't wanna talk about any of it... You and me... we are over... Y/n is a good girl..."

" Tum samajh nahi rahi ho Kanika... Y/n... Sab kuchh pehle jaisa nahi hai..."
(You aren't understanding Kanika... Y/n... Things are not like before) 

" Kya pehle jaisa nahi hai Arjun. Everything is just like before! What is missing!!"
(What is not like before Arjun. Everything is just like before! What is missing!!)

" Tum! You are missing! Our memories are missing!"
(You! You are missing! Our memories are missing!)

" We had no memories, Arjun! You and me were just friends with benefits! There was no us! I know that today also... you came here for a reason that I am very well aware of! Just leave! " 

Before Arjun could say anything else, a man appeared from behind Kanika who asked something from her.

" Kanika yeh aadmi kaun hai?"
(Kanika who is this man?)

" Sahil yeh... mere colleague hai... mere boss hai yeh... mera kuchh saaman chhoot gaya tha... wahi dene aaye the" 
(Sahil he... is my colleague... he is my boss... I left something behind... he just came to return it)

" Tum jaldi andar aa jao see off karkar... pasta thanda ho raha hai"
(Quickly come inside after seeing him off... pasta will get cold)

" Haan theek hai Sahil. Aap andar chaliye main abhi aati hoon" 
(Yeah okay Sahil. You go inside. I'll be right back)

" ok baby... waiting for you" 

The man left and went inside.

" Kaun tha yeh aadmi. Tumhare ghar mein kya kar raha tha?"
(Who was this man. What was he doing in your house?)

" Mere hone wale pati hain Sahil. Agle mahine humari shaadi hai"
(He is my soon to be husband. Our marriage is in the coming month)

" Shadi?"
(Wedding?)

" Please leave"

Kanika closed the door on Arjun's face. Arjun stomped his foot on the ground in annoyance and frustration. Kanika understood what kind of a frustration Arjun was having. Arjun looked at the time. It was already 5:18. He had to go to meet Y/n at marine drive. 

He drove his car off to the nearest park. By the time he reached there, it was already 5:45. He pulled over and bought a cigarette for himself. He smoked 3 cigarettes one after the other. He realized that it is almost 6.  

He threw the cigarette butts and left for marine drive. He reached the place almost an hour late because of the Bombay traffic. Y/n was already waiting there. She looked at her watch and was about to leave but Arjun came there, and she hugged him. 

He hugged her back. Half Heartedly. 

" Arjun... why are you so late~"

" Bombay ka traffic baby... I was stuck..."
(Bombay's traffic baby... I was stuck...)

" Let's order something... Momos? Vada pav?"

" Dono"
(Both)

They ordered some food. They both were sitting on their table which was when Arjun decided to speak up. 

" Y/n... where do you want to go next?"

" Matlab?"
(What do you mean?)

" Iske baad kahan chalogi...?"
(Where do you want to go after this)

" Arjun hindi mujhe bhi aati hai... mai poochh rahi hoon ki tum aaj achanak se yeh kyun poochh rahe ho?"
(Arjun, I also understand hindi... I am asking that why are asking this to me so suddenly?)

" Kuchh nahi bas yoon hi..." Arjun spoke. He was clearly not expecting this kind of an answer from Y/n. He wanted something else. But... what did he want. Y/n herself was a bit perplexed.
(Nothing just like that only...)

" Arjun kya hua hai tumhe?"
(Arjun what has happened to you?)

" Arrey kuchh nahi hua hai yaar!" Arjun spoke being agitated. Y/n didn't like this behavior of Arjun. She couldn't speak. She thought that maybe it was Arjun's work frustration. 
(Nothing has happened pal!!)

" Arjun... tum bhi thak gaye hoge aaj ke kaam ke baad... Kuchh khakar hum dono ko hi ghar jana chahiye... Itna stress mat liya karo baby"
(Arjun... you also must be tired after today's work... The two of us should go back to our houses after having something... Don't take too much stress baby)

Arjun looked at Y/n's hand that she kept over his. He looked at her and immediately his expressions changed from annoyance to a smile.

" I think you are right... I guess I took like a lot of workload and stress..."

" Haan Arjun, you did... By the way tum aur kahin bhi jana chahte ho?"
(Yes Arjun you did... By the way are you going somewhere else too?)

Arjun thought for a while and then decided to speak up. He was practically cooking up lies in his small brain.

" Y/n... mera schedule coming month ke liye bahut zyada tight hai... Hum shayad mil hi na paye... Mai itna busy ho jaunga. Japanese and Korean clients ke saath deals chal rahi hai abhi humari company ki. Har cheez bahut zyada perfect honi chahiye. Japanese company to fir bhi kam funding kar rahi hai par jo Korean company hai na, wo Asia ki largest company hai."
(Y/n... my schedule for the coming month is really hectic... We might not be able to even meet each other... I'll be this busy. Some deals are going on with the Japanese and Korean clients. Everything needs to be perfect. Japanese clients are the minor fund providers but the Korean company is giving a big share of funds, it is Asia's largest company)

" And the name of the big company is...?"

" THK Group Of Industries"

" Ye naam to maine pehli baar suna hai"
(I am hearing this name for the first time)

" Iska jo owner hai usne yeh company khudke dum par khadi ki thi aur abhi wo apni family company ko bhi manage karta hai. It's really great for our expansion"
(The owner of this company established it on his own and right now he is also managing his family's company. It's really great for our expansion)

" I understand you..."

" Isiliye... Payal di ki shaadi ke baad we will go on a date"
(That's why... After Payal di's wedding, we will go on a date)

" For sure."

Arjun and Y/n had some more food and went back to their respective houses. Arjun sighed a sigh of relief. Y/n on the other hand was really happy. She was on cloud 9.

I hope you like it and do not copy my work. Also do not forget to follow, comment, vote for my work. Stay tuned for the next part.