One: Knock, knock. Who's there?

Start from the beginning

Distraught, I picked up my phone and called Jared. I was aware of what type of nigga he was and I knew if I ever felt scared or threatened he would make sure I was safe. The phone rang a good three times before he picked up, He was driving, with a black hoodie on and a blunt in his mouth. He smiled in the camera causing me to roll my eyes. Where the fuck was he headed this time of night?

"Wassup my heart."

"Mm. Wassup, I'm interrupting you on the way to your sneaky link?"

He laughed as he put the phone down for a second to gain full control of the steering wheel, I could still see his face a little bit and he had that big ass koolaid smile he always has.

He shook his head no, "I actually was about to go grab some food. Im high as fuck. You wanna tag along?"

I twisted my lips up to my nose as I made my thinking face, did I really want to walk out of this house after what I just witnessed?

"Actually I was gonna ask if you could come stay the night with me." I frowned at the camera putting on my best puppy dog face.

He grinned, picking the phone back up and examining me in the camera. "Im on my way, you want something to eat?"

I smiled "Just a gatorade or Powerade. Thank you."

"You still gon' be in that towel when I get there?"

I scoffed and rolled my eyes. "Boy bye."

I hung up the phone and made my way to the bathroom cabinet, I kept some lotion in body oils in here as long as in my room. I oiled up my body and then pulled my boy shorts on, and a simple white tank top. I was always going braless, it just felt better to me.

My hair was silk pressed so I just pinned it up in the wrap the mami's usually do for me whenever I go. I slipped my black hair net on, which I also got from the Dominican salon every time I go. Just as I was about to apply my lip scrub I heard a knock at my door. A lump formed in my throat because I knew Jared didn't get from Brooklyn, to Queens that fast.

"Fuck." I whispered to myself as I heard another knock on my door. I never thought this day would come, but here we are.

I walked over to my closet and stood on my tiptoes so that I could reach my safe. I quickly entered the code and grabbed my Glock 19 out of the safe. I tucked in my shirt behind my back and swiftly made my way to the front door. My dad had took me to a gun range just when I was 16 years old. He told me if I wanted to be on my own I had to learn how to protect myself when he wasn't around. Probably one of the best things he's ever taught me.

The knocking got louder as I approached the door making my eyebrow raise. I took a glance at the peephole and my heart sunk to my ass once I seen it was the man from the balcony. I cleared my throat and tried to hide the shock in my face as I swung the door open, I stood behind it and only peeped my head out.

I examined the man in front of me, and without a doubt I was intimidated. He stood almost a foot taller than me, and up close had way more tattos then I imagined, thats not why I felt intimidated though, it was his eyes. They were dark, and cold. A persons eyes told me everything I needed to know, my mom called it a gift.

"May I help you?" I asked the unknown man since he had yet to say a word, he just stared.

He looked me up and down, his face held not one ounce of emotion. "Don't act dumb with me, I'm sorry to have to bother you at this time I just want us to come to an understanding."