Insecure | M.M.

TW: body shaming

It was a Saturday morning and you were sleeping peacefully in your bed. It was 10:30 in the morning when you were woken up by your walkie talkie going off. You were annoyed at first until you realized who's voice was on the other line.

"Babe? It's Max. Are you awake?"

You slowly got up out of bed and walked over to your desk that had your walkie on it. You picked it up and pressed the talk button.

"Yeah. I'm awake. What's up?" You replied.

"Do you want to come over?"

"And do what?" You asked.

"I don't know... hang out?"

You chuckled. "Yeah. I'll be over in an hour."

"Okay. See you then."

You put your walkie down on your desk before going downstairs to get some breakfast.

When you went downstairs, your mom was cooking pancakes in the kitchen. You went over to her and took three pancakes that were already made and sitting on a plate.

Your mom glanced at you. "You're gonna eat all that?"

"Yeah. So?" You asked.

"Nothing... You're just starting to gain weight and I don't think those pancakes are gonna help." Your mom shrugged.

You looked at the pancakes before looking down at your stomach. "Oh..." You said as you put the pancakes down.

"You can still eat them." Your mom told you.

"Uh, no, that's okay. I'm not really hungry anyways." You said before going back upstairs.

You went into your closet to look for an outfit to wear to Max's. You pulled out a crop top and a pair of jeans along with your vans.

You quickly got dressed and went over to your desk. You picked up a necklace that Max bought you and put it on.

On your way out the door, you caught a glimpse of yourself in the mirror. You ran your hand over your stomach before trying to suck in your gut. You stared at yourself for a few seconds before putting on a sweatshirt and heading to Max's house.

...

When you got to Max's house she was cooking breakfast in the kitchen. She turned around and looked at you once she heard her front door shut. A smile formed when she saw you.

"Hey. You want breakfast?" Max asked.

"Uh." You shook your head. "No thanks I already ate."

"Okay." Max said as she turned around to finish her breakfast.

"Hey, do you want to go for a run?" You randomly asked her.

Max slightly smiled as she put her finished eggs on a plate and turned to face you. "A run? Why?"

You shrugged. "I thought it would be fun. It could be our thing."

Max put her eggs down on the counter and started to eat them. "Why do we need a thing?"

"Because we're a couple and couples have things that they do together!" You exclaimed.

"Alright! Alright!" Max held her hands up in surrender. "We can go on a run."

You stayed silent for a few seconds before sighing. "I didn't mean to yell."

"It's okay." Max said. "Can I finish my eggs before we go?"

You nodded and went over to stand by her side. Max put her arm around your waist as you watched her pick up some eggs and put it in her mouth.

Max glanced at you. "You sure you don't want any?"

You nodded.

...

After you and Max went on your run, she went to get some water while you went over to the pantry and looked for a snack. You picked up a granola bar and flipped it over to look at the calories.

Max furrowed her eyebrows as she watched you scan the back of the wrapper before you teared it open.

"I thought you didn't like those?" Max asked.

You shrugged. "I thought i'd try it again."

You took a bite before cringing. Max knitted her eyebrows as she watched you quickly walked over to the trash can and spit out the granola bar.

"Are you okay?" Max crossed her arms.

"I'm fine. Why?" You asked.

"Why are you all of a sudden wanting to go on runs and eating low calorie food?" Max cautiously asked you.

"Do you think i'm fat?" You asked her.

"What? Of course not. Why would you ask that?" Max slightly widened her eyes.

You just stared at her.

"Did someone call you fat?" Max's face went cold when you didn't answer. "Who called you fat?"

You sighed. "My mom just said I was gaining weight so now i'm trying to lose weight."

Max walked over to you and put her hands on your waist. She slightly lifted up your sweatshirt and you tried to push her hands away.

"Hey." She softly said and you looked up at her. "You're beautiful, okay?"

"You're just saying that cause you're my girlfriend."

"I'm saying it because it's true. I'll beat your mom up if I have too." Max told you.

You tried not to smile.

"You have the most sexiest body i've ever seen." Max seductively whispered in your ear.

"Max..." you softly said.

Max pulled you closer to her and kissed you. You kissed her back as you wrapped your arms around her neck.

After a few seconds, Max pulled away far enough to where your lips were inches a part.

"Do you want me to show you how sexy you are?" Max asked as she started to slowly lift up your sweatshirt.

Your breathing quickened and you just about collapsed into her arms. "You know that voice does things to me."

"I know." Max teased. "So is that a yes?"

You nodded. "Yes."

Max gave you one last kiss before she picked you up and carried you to her bedroom.