The Biggest Lie Ever | S.S.

ib: Bad Idea Right? by Olivia Rodrigo

You were hanging out at the bar, having fun and getting wasted with your friend, Rachel. You and Sadie had gotten out of a pretty serious relationship a few months back and you weren't completely over her so Rachel dragged you down to the bar.

You were already a bit drunk when you had finished your third cocktail. You were about to order a fourth one when your phone dinged. You looked over and noticed who was texting you.

Sadie:
Hey, i know its been
a few months since we
last talked, but I've been
thinking about you a lot.

You gasped and Rachel looked over at you with a concerned and curious look.

"Sadie just texted me." You told her.

Rachel widened her eyes and looked down at your phone. "Don't answer her."

You frowned. "Why not?"

"Cause she broke up with you." Rachel said in a duh tone.

Before you could respond, your phone dinged again. You and Rachel looked down at your phone.

Sadie:
I wanted to know if you
wanted to come check out
my new apartment.

"You're stupid if you say yes." Rachel said.

Sadie:
It's the one we always
talked about buying.

"I have to go see it." You said to Rachel.

You picked up your phone and opened your messages with Sadie to text her back.

"Y/n." Rachel sighed. "You can't. You're never gonna get over her if you go see her."

You put your phone down with a sigh. "You're right. I shouldn't."

Sadie:
So, will I see you tonight?

"I do miss her though..." You said as you looked at her text.

"Y/n, going to see her is the worst idea ever." Rachel said.

You thought about it before picking up your phone. "Fuck it."

"Y/n!" Rachel took your phone. "You can't go see her, she's your ex!"

"Yes, i know that she's my ex, but can't two people reconnect? I only see her as a friend!" You exclaimed.

"The biggest lie I ever said." You thought.

"Look, i'll just go over and look at the apartment! It's not like i'm going over there to sleep with her." You said.

Rachel thought about it. "I guess..."

You nodded at her before taking your phone back and texting Sadie back.

y/n:
yeah, i'd love to come check it out. What's the address?

"Promise me, no matter how attractive she is, you won't get back together with her." Rachel negotiated.

You rolled your eyes. "I promise."

...

It was later that night and you were in your uber driving to Sadies new apartment.

The whole drive there, all you could think about was if this was a good idea. You were hoping that some sparks would fly between you and Sadie again.

But maybe she wasn't thinking the same. Maybe she really did just invite you over to look at the new apartment.