Chapter Sixty Four {Davinia} 🌹

No matter how long I stay in the lavender-scented bath, it does not work. No matter how hard I scrub my flesh, when I look at it, I see blood. Not just any blood, but Papa's blood. Quickly, I shake my mind off the thought. I can't allow my emotions to control me; now I'm being attacked by my past. Something Mother usually says rings in my mind.

"You can't take lives and expect to be happy."

She's not wrong. I didn't technically kill my father, but I led him to his demise. If only I had obeyed Mother; now I bear the curse. The water is starting to get cold, so I get out.

Rolan is not in my room when I leave the washroom. That's good because I'd love to have a few moments to myself. Walking to my closet with only a bathrobe on, all I have in my mind is how to crush those who defy me. I take out a black polyester jumpsuit and a pair of black ankle boots.

I tie my hair up in a neat bun, and this time my hair cooperates with me. "I want everyone present for a meeting right now. I don't care wherever the fuck they are or whatever the fuck they're doing, but get them here or there will be hell to pay." I don't wait for my secretary to respond when I drop the intercom.

Tiana walks into my office without knocking, but I'm too deep in my thoughts to care. The loud sound of the file she slams on my table jolts me back to reality.

"Are you okay?" she asks. Her eyes still carry the worry they had earlier back. It annoys me for no reason.

"I'm fine."

"According to what Marcus confessed, I did some digging, and these are what I found. Why don't you have a look before meeting with the rest of the familia?" She pulls out the papers from the file and hands them over to me.

I take them and immediately begin to read. Page by page, it says here that Marcus has been in contact with a man named Grandmaster. This Grandmaster owns a chain of clubs, bars, and hotels across the world, but no one has seen his face, or they must have, but they don't know that he is the one called Grandmaster.

His involvement with the underground is not made clear, but I know better. There's no way someone like that has a clean record. I'm proven correct when I get to the third page, which seems to be the information Tiana got off the dark web. His name is Ian Dimitri, the son of Cassio Dimitri, who was the Russian mafia Don before he died and gave the position to Rolan, the son of his most trusted Capo, Christian.

I look up from the papers to catch Tiana's intense stare on me. She urges me to continue with a tilt of her head, and I resume reading. Apparently, according to Cassio Dimitri, his son Ian is not capable of running the Mafia, and that was why he gave it to Rolan. Ian, on the other hand, felt betrayed and offended, along with some other capos and soldiers of the Russian mafia.

On the last page is a collage of pictures: pictures of the guy who poisoned me and the tattoo on his wrist. The same tattoos are on three different wrists, and the picture of the guy who collected a briefcase from Marcus has the same tattoo on the back of his palm.

"His intentions are very clear," Tiana begins. I drop the documents on the paper before rubbing the bridge of my nose. My head is still aching, but not as much as before.

"He wants what was supposed to be his, and he is trying every possible means to get it," I add to her speculation.

"I had a talk with Rolan. He says killing Ian is not the best solution because he is the only son of the late ex-don, and the members of the Mafia might protest if they find out that Rolan killed their real heir. According to him, it took years for them to accept him as their leader. It took persuasion, violence, and threats to bend them to his rule."

My fingers find my ball pen, and I begin to play with the thrust tip, pushing the socket in and out as I try to think.

"My capos are betraying me for a faceless man with daddy issues. What exactly did he offer them to make them this foolish?" I become aggressive with the ball pen, pushing in and out like I'd love to puncture it into the eyeballs of Ian Dimitri.

"They're ready for you, Boss," my secretary announces from behind the door, ending the conversation between Tiana and me. We both get up from our seats and head out.

"Whatever it is, I will stop at nothing to find out," I hiss to myself as the door opens for me to step out.

Seated at the front seat with all of my capos seated at each side with no one left behind, even Marcus is seated with wide eyes and patched up skin. They probably fed him something that should keep him sensible for the meeting. Every other person is dressed in one weird way or the other. Nothing beats the angry frustrated looks on their faces.

They definitely didn't expect to be dragged to my house by my men.

Uncle, Tiana, Rolan, and others are among those sitting in the room. Despite the intense tension in the room, I cross my legs and lean back in my seat.

"I'm going to make this quick. If you've betrayed me or the familia in any way, I advise you to get up. I've already ordered men to ransack every bit of your homes and offices. If any evidence of betrayal or threat is found..." I pause for effect as I stare into their eyes with a wicked smile on my lips. "I will make sure you have a taste of hell on earth. Your time to confess starts... now."