Chapter Twenty {Davinia} 🌹

My eyes fly open immediately those words leave his lips. I sit upright to see the longing and love in his eyes. I do love Romeo but this is wrong. I'm thinking of the possibilities of things that could happen if I let him kiss me. The library is silent and chilly as we stare intensely at one another. He is leaning forward. This is wrong.

"We can'—"

My words get swallowed by his soft warm lips. If my eyes weren't open before, they are now. Romeo is kissing me, his hands slip to my waist and pulls me flush to his body that I feel his ruggness but this isn't right. I don't feel the way I expect to feel. No butterflies, no electricity, no sparkles.... I should stop this. I put my hands on his chest to push him away.

"Re—"

Someone pulls him away from him and holds him by the collar.

"What part of" Engaged "do you not understand, boy?" my breathing seizes by the sound of that voice. Rolan Dimitri holds Rex's collar with a look I've never seen on his face before. He looks like he wants to spill Rex's blood.

What have I done?

My heart thundered in my chest as I watch Rolan throw blow after blow at Rex. Rex knows better than to fight back, if he as much as raise his hand, he will be shot. The blows keep going, I fear Rex will lose his straight teeth.

"Stop! You'll kill him! Please stop" I run behind Rolan and hug his waist from behind in an attempt to pull him away. "Don't hurt him please" I sobbed. He stops.

Rex goes slump on the ground, his face is all bloody and nasty. My heart hurts to see him like this but I know better than to attempt to help him. I get pulled roughly by my wrist away from the library. I try to keep up with his steps but it's a futile attempt. The anger oozing from his body makes the hairs on my skin stand. He continues to drag me to wherever he's taking me to.

His he going to report me to my uncle and break the engagement. Have I failed papa once again. I need to talk to him.

The elevator pings and we get out of it and walk down the hall. Is he taking me to his room?

"Rolan, "

"Don't want to hear it."

I need to talk to him before he makes a decision that will ruin things.

"You're hurting me" I say pleadingly. It's a lie, I do feel discomfort but it's because of the scratch marks I left on my wrist but it works either way.

We stop at the entrance of his room. The door opens. "Go in" He orders but his voice is cool and soft which scares me the more.

I go in his room, I hear him walk in behind me and close the door. "It wa—" I turn to speak but he takes me by hand and pushes me up on his door. "Wh—" I get cut off with his lips on mine, swallowing my words. My senses heightens and I can feel everything and nothing at the same time. His lips are demanding and pleading for me to respond. A warning, a threat and a plead. His hands go below my thigh and he brings my leg behind his his back.

I feel him.

His lips, his hands and his manliness. A loud gasp escapes my lips as he continues to suck, lick and bite my lips. My heart stops for a second, something builds in my lower belly, my hands feel cold. I can smell him everywhere. His callous hands slip into my dress and I hear myself sigh breathlessly. He takes that advantage to slip his tongue into my mouth. A moan builds deep in my throat as he continues to assault my lips.

"Rolan" I say breathlessly with my eyes closed. It feels so good, he feels so good. My nipples are awake and at attention. I've never felt like this before. Never been touched like this before. I want more.

"Rolan"

"What are you doing to me Davinia. I'm losing my mind here" he says in between kisses. If he continues to talk in that voice I might just lose it. My stomach tightens. The material of his suit rubs my nipples through my thin layer of clothing. It's too much, I moan loudly.

My hands go into his hair and I pull him closer to myself. He holds my hand and brings them over my head. I hiss in discomfort and he stops. His lips pull away from mine like something woke him up from his dream. Our heavy breathing fills the room as we search for each other's eyes in the darkness. He brings my hand down, his eyes leave mine as he stares down at the marks on my wrist which made my skin red with a bit of blood.

"I hurt you, I'm sorry" He says roughly as he brushes his fingers against the scars lightly. I find myself shaking my head at him.

"I did this to myself not you" I return. My voice hoarse and dry. His looks up at me and I find different emotions swirling in his eyes. But there is one particular emotion that is missing. Pity.

He looks at me like I'm worth looking at. His eyes linger back to my swollen lips and I see lust take full control of his gaze on me.

"let's clean that up" He sets me down on my feet but I stumble a little so he holds me by my waist with my right hand on his chest for support. My eyes widen at the way his heart is beating. I look up to catch his eyes on me. "You're doing something to me malyshka" his voice tumbles deep in my bones, I suddenly feel dehydrated.

We walk into his bathroom and the lights come on automatically. He carries up and puts him on the counter. I can feel my whole body come on fire, my whole face feels hot. I shake my head so my hair can cover my tomato face. He bends to open the cabinet below and pulls out a white box which contains first aid materials.

He opens the rubbing alcohol and I put my hand out for him to take. He soaks the cotton with the alcohol and slowly dabs at the marks. It burns but I don't flinch. I take my time in watching the man with so much interest. His silk laid eyebrows furrow in confusion and his now swollen luscious lips form a thin line. His hair is ruffled and I blush at the fact that I am the cause of it. I remember that I want to speak to him but I don't know what to say or how to say it. I should have been more responsible.

"Speak" he commands without looking up at me.