Chapter Forty {Davinia} 🌹

I killed him. At last.

The walls of my room echoes of my loud groan. So I'm reduced to a girl who lays binded to her bed by handcuffs with only her phone to act as her source of entertainment, playing games meant for teenage kids. I hate games, Tiana loves them. She beats me at every one of it and maybe that is why I hate them so much but today I find solace in it.

Helena told me she had already bathed me while I was unconscious so I have no reason to leave my bed. She also spoon fed me my breakfast which I found completely annoying and frustrating. "What if I want to pee?"

"Ring the bell and Butcher will come take the cuffs off and then return it after you are done. No funny movements" She warned, pointing the spoon at me. They really did me dirty. Now I'm stuck.

I go back to the home screen on my phone and search for another means of entertainment. I find none. How do people live like this? Instagram, the rainbow colored, small size shaped instant camera stares right back at me. I do have a social media account but I don't manage it, my assistant does. But I do have a personal account that I barely use since the day I opened it.

With a dejected sigh, I tap on the app and it opens. After I log into my account, I'm welcomed with tons of notifications. My profile is very much as dry as the Sahara desert. Not a single picture or video, I follow no one but I'm followed by so many. How so? I return to the homepage and scroll down the stories and post then something, a picture or video? Not really sure but I am sure I saw someone and it had me scrolling back down in search for it. Here it is, a news cover about last night party. Of course it would be in the news, it's the prime minister's wife's party. But that is not what holds my attention. It's the picture on the front page. The headline states. "Rolan Dimitri moved on from wife's death after five years and is deeply in love with his newly engaged fiancé" below the absurd headline is a collage of images where Ronan is seen staring down at me with amusement in his eyes.

If I don't know better I would say the headline is not wrong but I do know better than what the media is portraying. The plan was to make them believe we are completely and madly in love with each other and it worked. Yay. I scroll past the post and another image from last night's party occurs. This time it's a list of best dressed couples. The first and second one are photos of celebrities I don't know of then the third is a photo of me and Ronan right in front of the limousine right after I got out. I'm not surprised, I did looked good.

I always look good, dressing up in beautiful clothes as always being one of my few hobbies. A small smile appears on my lip at the thought of Meth screaming her head off when she sees this post. She did a good job and she is a single latina whose only romance lies in booze and telenovelas, of course she deserves to exclaim in excitement at her handy work. Looking at Ronan in this picture feels different, I can look at him without feeling like a creep. The man is incredibly handsome, his hair and eyes are the highlight of his beauty but without it he would still look gorgeous. His looks seductive even when he has a flat look as his usual expression. Maybe that is what makes him look seductive. He has this "Unbothered demon king" thing going on and dare I say, it is hot.

My phone goes off in its loud ring tone and I jerk in surprise like a thief caught red handed. The number on my screen is unknown, a frown etches on my face as I swipe the call to the right to answer. I place the phone to my ear and await in silence for the person on the other hand to talk.

"Anís," his deep husky hoarse voice sucks the air from my lungs. It pulls a string that draws the string in my lower belly. "Sorry I had to leave you in such state. There was something that I needed to take care of," he continues while I listen with my tongue tied in my mouth.

"Davinia?" He calls my name breathless. My close for a brief second as I take a deep breath in and release it slowly through my lips.

"You don't have to apologize. I understand" I didn't mean for my voice so sound so..... Passive but oh well. I hear the flipping of papers in the background which means he's either in his office dealing with business issues or he's reading a novel while looking out his balcony. I pick the former.