Chapter Fifteen {Davinia} 🌹

He shakes his head, ruffling the hair on his head with his hands. "Yeah, it's nothing for you to worry about" he dismisses.

I eye him for a while. I know my uncle. He's a man who prefers to carry all the burdens and sorrows alone and would not cry for help until his very last breath. We are the ones who brought him out of that habit but like they say. "Bad habits die hard"

I won't get the information I want by pestering him about it so I let him be. It's better I change the topic. "I would love to pass a message to all of Vipera made men" I started, watching his reaction calmly.

He looks up and raise an eyebrow at me. I continued "Anyone caught in a brawl or argument with the Russian mafia made men would be dealt with, especially by me"

He didn't react much to the news like I, had expect him to. He knows every word I say is true and I'll be sure to follow through. With that, I stand up to leave. "I'll visit mother tomorrow and tell her about the joining" I say before leaving the room with the door closed behind me.

I'll have Tiana do a check run at Uncle Max's old friend. I think to myself as I walk down the hall and straight to my room. I need to take a shower and rid myself of the ranch smell and dirt before dinner.

Now, I'm in my room. In my shower precisely and I'm reminded that Rolan would be sitting in the dining hall and I would have to eat in his presence and endure my cousins chattering. If only there was a way to avoid it.

No, I mustn't avoid it. I should take this chance and rub my engagement in the face of my cousins. They've been bullying me all this time and all I did was ignore, but it's about time I stop and give them a taste of their medicine. With that being said. I leave the bathroom and prepare for dinner.

I decide to go with a white mini chiffon camisole with thin straps and a see through corset. It stops at my middle thighs with slits at both hips side. I wear dresses like this to intimidate and seduce and since I'll be doing that tonight.... I may as well go crazy.

With the body I have, this dress is doing just what I want. It looks tiny and snatched on my body and I love it. For my hair, I wear it down after curling the ends slightly. I apply lip gloss and cat shaped eyeliner.

I am beautiful, I know. My parents are stunning, especially my mum. She's a beauty to behold and I inherited all of her killer features. Sometimes I think I'm too beautiful and when I add make up, I become a goddess. A confidence like this is because I know my strengths, weaknesses and worth.

I open my drawer and took out my jewelry box. I would be wearing my jade set. A golden chain with the pendant of a glassy jade crescent moon, paired with tear drops jade earrings. They bring out the color of my eyes.

"Perfect" I slur at the face of my mirror with a smirk on my face. A knock on my door ended my self worship. I pick my sliver purse and go to open the door. I'm surprise to see Rolan right outside my door, looking like a glass of expensive, exquisite wine.

I'm surprise but it doesn't show on my face and he doesn't hide his. His dark piercing Cobalt eyes look me up and down then up again. The whole thing sends shockwaves to my body. Men ogle at by body with lust and arrogance but not him.

His eyes are calculating. They hold admiration and pride and its adds to my boost of confidence. He is dressed in a dark blue trench coat with black shiny buttons lined on each side, underneath is a blueish grey shirt with silver buttons and a black and white striped tie tucked into a perfectly tailored blueish grey pants with black stripes on it then he ends it with a black Tom Ford shoes.

He looks delicious.

"You're beautiful, Davinia" He says, my name rolled off his tongue like a silk carpet. His voice is chilly but warm at the same time, it sends shivers to my spine. My lips pull up to a tight smile and I nod slowly.

"You clean up nice too, Rolan" I return. My voice suddenly sounds raspy but in a good way at least. We're at same height, thanks to my tight sliver stilettos. His eyes twinkled as his usual intimidating smile appeared on his lips.

"I'll be escorting you to dinner but I also want to give you this" his left hand in his pocket comes out, holding a box. He opens the box, in it is a regal crystal ring with crystal stones arranged on it. He takes it out  and returns the empty box into his pocket. He looked up at me. "This is a family heirloom and I would love for you to have this" He added.

My eyes flickers from him to the ring then back to his midnight blue eyes. They silently urge me on and I lift my right hand. He holds my hand like its fragile and slips the ring into my finger. His eyes never leave mine and mine didn't leave his. After a few seconds he breaks the intense gaze and admires the ring on my finger as his thumb grazed over it slightly.

Suddenly he pulls me flush to his body, my hand resting on his chest. My eyes widens for a second, then returns to normal. I raise my left brow to question his actions and he smiles at me, his eyes twinkles with mischief. He moves his face besides mine, his lips graze my ear softly and I stiffen.

"Now everyone will know, you're mine" I move to argue. "Just as I am yours" I stop moving and allow his words to sink. It's hard to think with the smell of lemon and wood coating my nostrils.