Chapter 38, Siren's Last Call

Welcome back, everybody! It's ya boi, Dorren!

This is going to be the final chapter of this fanfiction. I know this is probably a lot sooner than some of you would have liked but I feel like this is a good place to stop. If I did continue, I feel it would have started slipping in quality and become drawn out. 

===========================================================================

Soft, warm sand crept its way in between her fingers. The rays of the sun blinded her despite her eyes being closed. Groaning as she brings her arm up over her eyes with surprising ease, Percy jolts up in confusion.

"Well, I was wondering how long you'd stay asleep" a familiar voice says jokingly.

Eyelids flying open, Percy was able to make the figure out despite the spots in her vision.

"Mom" she cries out pulling the woman into a hug. Then the situation hit her. "Wait, how are you here?" Percy asks. "I should be asking you the same question" Sally asks with a light smile.

It was then that the idea to survey her surroundings crossed the young demigod's mind for the first time. She knew she was on a beach based off the sand below them but until now that was it.

What she thought was the sky was actually a tall ceiling covered in a thick fog with stalactites poking through. Off in the distance she was able to make out a large fence in the water and further in land Percy could make out cabins along the dunes of the beach.

"Is this..." Percy mutters out in confusion.

"Elysium" Sally confirms. "So... I'm dead" Percy says as the smile falls from her face. "No, though you did give everyone a pretty big scare" the voice of Hades says.

"Your father asked me to do this as a personal favor to him. He knows how much you've been through and figured seeing your mother would help" the god of the underworld says. "Though you cannot stay here for too long or your soul will become bound here and you will die" he continues before stepping off to the side to allow them some privacy.

"I'm sorry that you died because of me" Percy says to her mother. "Sweety, I want you to listen to me very carefully." Sally says cupping her daughter's face.

"I do not blame you in the slightest. You know I'm clearsighted. That means that I was always in danger. Mythological beings don't take too kindly to seeing them how they truly are, after all" Sally explains.

Percy wanted to argue, she really did. But she knew her mom wouldn't take anything other than that as an answer.

"I missed you and Paul so much" she decides to settle with. "Well, we've been watching your escapades on Olympus TV, and I am so proud of you" Sally informs. "Though, I was a little surprised to learn that I had a brother" she continues.

"Yah, Uncle Bruce has his quirks but he's not bad" Percy tells her.

"Good to know. Though if I ever meet him down here then I'm gonna have to kick his butt for thinking you were in a gang or something" Sally jokes. "Wait, you said you watched me on Olympus TV, what's that about?" Percy questions.

"Well, they might or might not have set up a whole channel revolving around you and six other demigods, Annabeth Included. It mostly focuses on you though since you see some of the most action" Sally tells her daughter.

"I... Don't know how I feel about that" Percy says leaning back on her hands.

With that said, Sally smiled at Percy. "Hey, I have someone I want you to meet" she says standing and offering Percy a hand.