Chapter 7. Battle Axe

Hi everyone, it's Dorren.  I hope you're all having a good weekend and for those of you celebrating a good Mother's Day. I hope you all enjoy this weeks chapter.

======================================================================

Percy had been with the hunt for just under a week now. They had been traveling all across the country tracking down the minitour.

Percy was getting restless, and it showed. Constantly training with either Thalia or Pheobe. When they encountered a group of monsters on their travels, she was always quick and effective when killing it.

It was currently night and Percy was sitting near the blazing fire staring absentmindedly into the fire. Most of the other Hunters had already turned in for the night while the others were scheduled for patrol.

Picking up a nearby branch from the ground she starts stirring the embers under the blazing logs.
"Hey, you doing alright?" Thalia asks sitting on the fallen tree they used as a seat.

Percy could just shrug not sparing a glance at the punk rock teen next to her. "You're not very good at hiding your feelings, fish face. Tell me, what are you thinking about?" Thalia questions. "Nothing... Everything. I don't know" Percy replies running a hand through hair. Letting out a frustrated sigh she slumps forward slightly.

"It's just, mom and Paul. I miss them a lot and I can't help but think that in some way it's my fault what happened. If it wasn't for me that beef brained bastard wouldn't have targeted them. Or maybe if I was there, I could have stopped him from doing it" Percy admits as tears prick her eyes.

Getting upset with herself she uses her sleeve to aggressively wipe her tears away. She's always had to be strong, to be a leader and example for those at camp. She was Percy Jackson, Daughter of Poseidon and a leader to those at camp half-blood.  A strong and courageous demigod who always wore a smile. At least, that's what others thought, she didn't exactly feel qualified to be that person.

"Hey, I get it. Way back when I thought Jason was taken and killed, I kept thinking what would have happened if I was watching him better or if I was strong enough to protect him. Then everything that happened with Annabeth and... Luke. It was all so confusing, but I got through it thanks to you and the others" Thalia says placing a comforting hand on her cousin's shoulder.

Percy finally looked up to the young teen who was technically older than her. Thalia was right. It didn't help that Percy wasn't good at hiding her feelings. Her eyes held such sadness and hurt that they looked almost broken. Percy taking this time wrapping her arms around her cousin for a tight hug.

Feeling like she could truly connect with her cousin Percy goes on a full rant.

"It's not just that, it's everything. The two wars, one after the other. Losing mom and Paul only to learn that she was expecting a baby. I was going to be a big sister and now I don't have that opportunity. Then there's my new family, I have no idea what to make of them." Percy says as she gets more and more frustrated.

Thalia just sat and listened as she rubbed small circles on the teens back.

"Dick is cool, I guess. he took me rock climbing and is easy to get along with. Jason is like a protective big brother who can, will, and has thrown hands on my behalf. We go on rides around Gotham and he's really good at sparing. Tim is pretty smart and seems to like to learn new things. But Bruce and Damian are all over the place" Percy says getting frustrated again.

"Like, I'm thrown into this new place, and they seem welcoming at first then all of the sudden Damian hates me for some reason and is getting more and more aggressive. He glares at me almost constantly as if my very existence is an insult to who he is. Then there's Bruce. He seems to be trying to get to know me but he's also asking a lot of specific questions that I don't want to answer just yet. That only causes fights because he doesn't seem like the person to not know things. I think they found my record or something" Percy admits.