Chapter 11, Back to School Shopping

Hey everyone! It's good to be back!

As promised, here's the next chapter of Gotham's Siren.  I hope you enjoy this chapter, and I would love to hear what you think in the comments. 

========================================================================

Percy and Jason had made it back to the manor Saturday afternoon around one. "Welcome back. How was camp?" Bruce asks standing in front of the two.

"Lots of fun. We had our weekly capture the flag game" Percy says. "Sounds like fun but I wasn't asking you" Bruce says turning to Jason. "Wha- How'd you know?" Jason asks with a groan.

"You really thought I wouldn't have noticed the tracker on your bike was disabled?" Bruce asks with a raised eyebrow. "I thought you said you had to ask permission for us to enter camp?" Bruce questions Percy who rubs the nape of her neck. "Technically it's true, I did. Brining one person however is a little easier. Had I brought you, then the others would have wanted to join, and you would have had to wait. Bringing Jason just seemed easiest" Percy says.

"That makes sense. Next time tell me, I would have understood" Bruce says. "So, how about you tell us about this game of capture the flag over lunch" Bruce says with a grin as they walk to the kitchen.

Walking in Percy was caught off guard when dick throws an arm over her shoulder. On instinct she grabs his arm and judo flips him over her shoulder. Seeing who it actually was she instantly starts apologizing while Jason, Tim, and Damian laugh their asses off.

"Now, now. Settle down" Alfred says with a fond smile as he brings out plates of food. "Oh, and welcome back, Percy. How was your visit to camp?" the older gentleman asks as they all sit at the table.

"It was great Alfred. I got to see everyone again, not to mention I got to meet some of the newer campers. Oh, and we played Capture the flag" Percy says happily as she digs into the food in front of her.

"You played some child's game?" Damian asks with a raised eyebrow as he eats a piece of tofu.

"If you count using actual swords, bows and arrows, spears, and shields in a monster filled forest as a kid's game, then sure" Percy retorts. "Why is it so dangerous?" Tim asks as he sips his coffee.

"Well, as I told you all. Monsters are attracted to a demigod's scent, but they aren't the only things we fight. Sometimes we have to fight other demigods who are being manipulated or even minor gods and goddesses not to mention the occasional primordial. Our game of capture the flag is held every week and it helps train our prowess in battle along with strategy making and our ability to think on out feet" Percy informs.

"Sounds interesting, maybe I can incorporate something like this into the leagues training" Bruce says filing that thought away for later. "Yah, I think the team would get a kick out of doing something like that" Tim agrees.

"So did you win?" Dick asks eager to hear how it went.

"Heck yah we did; Annabeth is the best strategist in camp" Percy says as she tells them all about the formation of teams and the rules. Once she explained all that she tells them all about her little bout at the creek.

"Not to put a damper on the conversation but School is starting next week, Percy you'll be in your senior year. You'll all be going back to school shopping later" Bruce says.

Percy let out a groan as she slumped down in her seat at the table. "Percy, please mind your manners and sit up while eating" Alfred scolds half-heartedly. "Right, sorry Alfred" Percy replies sliding back up into a proper sitting position.