Chapter 9, Welcome to Camp

Hey everyone, I just wanted to address something that I felt I should have added sooner. Obviously, Jason Todd is going to be a big part of this book.  Not to mention this takes place before Trials of Apollo some things won't be a part of this (If you know, you know).

That being said Jason Grace might be making an appearance.  For right now when I say Jason, I mean Todd not Grace.  I will clarify depending on context if it's needed. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this this week's chapter.

===========================================================================

"IS THAT A FUCKING DRAGON?!" Jason shouts looking at the dragon wrapped around the large Pine at the top of the hill.

"Hm? Oh yah, that's Peleus. He guards the tree" Percy replies as she walks forward past the barrier. Following her Jason bounces off the barrier and lands on his butt letting out a small string of curses.

This caused the young raven-haired girl to let out a laugh. "The hell was that?" Jason demands getting off the ground.

"That's the barrier that separates the camp from the mortal world. It also keeps the monsters out. Welcome to one of the two safe-havens demigods have" Percy said turning back to her brother. "So how do I get in?" Jason asks raising an eyebrow.

"I Percy Jackson give Jason Todd permission to enter the camp" Percy says making Jason let out a dry scoff.

"As if that would work" Jason said making his new sister raise an eyebrow. She follows up by gesturing for him to try again she held a passive look on her face. Stepping forward with a roll of his eyes Jason passes through the barrier making Peleus raise his head and let out a deep growl in his throat.

"It's okay Peleus, he's a friend" Percy says scratching the large creature's head.

"Why do you need the dragon here if you have the barrier?" Jason asked as the descend into the valley. "Do you remember how I told you there were two wars one after the other?" Percy asks.

"Yah, they sounded really bad" Jason replied as he took in the sights.

"Right well long story short, that tree used to be Thalia's tree. She was attacked by a group of monsters making her way to camp. Her father Zeus, in order to preserve his daughter and save her from death turned her into a tree" Percy says.

"Right because that's the reasonable response" Jason says jokingly making Percy laugh as thunder Rumbles above.

"Anyway, when she was turned into a tree the Barrier was made. During the first war her tree was poisoned, and we went on a quest to retrieve the Golden Fleece. See, the fleece is a magic item that can heal any injury. Draping it over the poisoned tree worked too well and revived Thalia. In order to keep the barrier up the fleece has to stay with the tree. Due to its powerful magic a lot of monsters and other people seek it out, hence having Peleus guard the tree" Percy replied.

Sure enough, when Jason looked up at the tree behind them, he saw a golden blanket shimmering in the branches above. Then looking back at Peleus, he saw the dragon looking right at him as if he knew the teen was looking.

"Right, that makes more sense now" Jason says turning away from the large dragon nervously.

"Well, we're here" Percy says stepping onto the deck of a large farmhouse. Looking around Jason can now see a large number of teens ranging in age staring at them and whispering.

"That's her" one of the kids says not so subtly. "She's like a local legend" another boy says. Many strings of whispers ensued as they passed. "Hey Perce, why's everyone looking at us?" Jason asks.