Chapter 15, Masquerade

Hey, hey! How's everyone doing?

I have come to deliver another chapter to all you awesome people!!! I hope you enjoy :)

===========================================================================

"Mission room, five minutes" Batman's voice calls over the coms in mount justice. "c'mon, we don't want to keep the big man waiting" Artemis says standing from her spot at the couch.

Her, Percy, and Megan were watching one of Percy's favorite movies after hours of begging.

They had assumed being the daughter of Poseidon that her favorite movie would be something like finding Nemo or the newly released finding Dori. She made it very apparent early on that she hated the Disney rendition of Hercules because they made him out to be a better person than he was... By a large margin.

They were shocked however to find out that she loved Studio Ghibli films, specifically Ponyo.

"We're finishing the movie after, right?" Percy asks hopefully. "I would hope, we don't have... What do you call it again?" Megan asks tilting her head slightly. "It's called Anime, my friend" Percy says with a smile.

"Yes! We don't have anime on mars, so this is very enjoyable" the green-skinned girl continues with a smile clap of her hands.

Their conversation was cut short however as they see the look on Batman's face. It was more brooding than usual. Probably because he had gotten news of the Joker escaping Arkham again.

"You'll be going undercover for this mission" he informs throwing something onto the table.

"Masquerade masks?" Percy asks picking one up. "You're familiar?" Batman asks with a raised eyebrow. "Yah, the director of Camp half-blood is the god of wine and parties. He's made us participate in a few Masquerade parties just for the fun of it" Percy shrugs now having the mask on her face.

Clearing his throat before anyone could ask about why a god would direct a camp.

"Moving on to the mission. The kings crown, a club catering to the rich and powerful, is having a masquerade night and they were tipped off that the penguin and scarecrow are looking to rob it. You're all going undercover as the staff in case, they strike" he says quickly.

Providing the necessary information, they all head to the changing rooms to change into what they were required to wear.

"You've got to be kidding me!" they hear Percy shout from the girls changing room. Storming up to Batman she waves a long dress in his face. "You know how much I hate these things. Everyone else is part of the regular staff with pants and a button down, even Artemis and Megan! Why do I have to wear some stupid dress and heels?" she demands with a scowl on her face.

"Because, as we've discussed and what you've agreed to. You're a part of the in-house entertainment. You'll be singing for the people at the club" Batman replies calmly. "I didn't think I would have to wear this!" she shouts back.

"It's a high-end establishment, I know you aren't a fan but it's necessary for the mission" the black-clad superhero replied as the others gather around already dressed.

Percy could only let out a growl as she punches the air a few times in anger. "At least it's blue... Fine. But you owe me" Percy grunts out before stomping away.

After a few minutes, they hear a string of Greek coming from the hallway leading to the changing room. "Heels are the bane of my existence" Percy growls rounding the corner. "Oh! You look so beautiful" Megan compliments happily as they all look to Percy.