Chapter 12, Riptide

hey party people and welcome back to Gotham's Siren!!!

I can confidently say that I'm happy to be back! I hope you enjoy this week's chapter! If there's any grammatic errors feel free to comment correcting me, I'm very dyslexic.

===========================================================================

"So, you think you're ready?" Leo asks through the phone. "Yah, just... Run it by me one more time, what's in this suit?" Percy asks holding the phone between her shoulder and ear.

"Right, so. The fabric was enchanted by Caly' to be more durable but also have a slight healing property so that if you do get injured and there isn't water around you won't be all cut up for long" Leo explains. "Right, that'll be helpful" Percy says slipping the boots on.

"Hey, it will actually help in some situations" Leo says defending Calypso.

"Am I really so sarcastic that people have trouble not knowing when I'm serious?" Percy asks Leo. "Oh, you were serious. In person, not in the slightest. Over the phone where I can't see your face, absolutely" Leo says. Percy could almost hear the smirk he had on his face.

"So, what's next?" the raven-haired girl asks rolling her eyes. "Just some light armor made of celestial bronze. Pretty strong against mortal weapons but still vulnerable in some areas" the fire-user explains.

"Before you ask what's next, I'll just read off the list" Leo says quickly making Percy chuckle. "Yah, that's probably best" Percy says as she starts with the tool belt and gloves.

"In the toolbelt we have a lot of stuff, all labeled of course. We have tear gas, ambrosia, nectar, brass knuckles both regular and celestial bronze. To top it all off there are a few gadgets that I whipped up with the Athena cabin, to help with various situation" Leo says quickly running down the list.

"Sweet, love the color by the way" Percy says looking at herself in the mirror.

The main suit consisted of black scale like fabric similar to that of Aquamans. There were blue protective pads accented with Gold covering her chest shoulders, arms and waist. It had an aquatic theme with fish fins attached to the boots and shoulder pads. On her face was a matching blue and gold domino mask that wrapped around her head to cover her ears before ending at her hairline.

 On her face was a matching blue and gold domino mask that wrapped around her head to cover her ears before ending at her hairline

(Like this but imagine Percy's a woman and add a domino mask like the one's robin wears)

"The fin like accessories on your arms and legs are sturdy enough to act as guards against blades" Leo explains further as Percy pokes the tip of one of the fins. Hissing in pain as a small trickle of blood drops out, she watches as the arm guard glows slightly and the wound heals.

"Oh yah, they're also really sharp so be careful" Leo says with a chuckle.

"Right, so what? I just go out and look for crimes being committed?" Percy snarks into her phone as she finishes with the outfit. "No need to worry, my aquatic friend. The headset built into your mask automatically connects to the local police radio's" Leo replies before a noise in the background catches his attention.