Date Night

July 21, 1992
~Lucia~

"Mistress Evans, young Master Potter be here for you," Punky called

"Mistress Evans, young Master Potter be here for you," Punky called. "Send him in," I told her as I finished my makeup. "Business meeting?" Harry guessed as he came into the room. I laughed, "Date actually," I corrected, "Marcus and I are going to the beach." Harry attempted to hide his smile at that. He's been excessively worried about me overworking myself.

"So, what do you need?" I asked. "Well, Ron got back from Egypt yesterday?" He asked. I raised an eyebrow at him, "And" I urged. "I was wondering if he could come over with Mione and I was hoping that you would..." "-help you ask my parents," I guessed. "Please," he begged. "You know Cissy won't mind," I told him. "But Lucius-" "Has a business meeting in France, he won't be back until the 28th, and even so I doubt he cares who you have over," I cut him off, "well as long as he won't have to deal with the parents that is." I laughed at my own joke as I swung my purse over my shoulder.

"Sure, I'll go with you to ask," I agreed. "No, I'll go," Draco volunteered stepping into the room. "What happened to knocking," I asked my youngest brother. "I'm being nice to you," he complained. I kissed his head, "And I thank you for that." I said. "Does that mean I'm your favorite?" Draco asked. "My favorite is whoever's the first to leave my room," I told them. I chuckled as both of them rushed down the hallway. "Heirs to noble families don't run through corridors!" I called after them. "They don't yell either," Grandmother pointed out, smirking from her portrait. "Sorry Grandmother," I apologized. "It's quite alright," she said with a genuine smile, "Merlin knows this manor could use a bit of mischief."

I smirked and shook my head as Harry and Draco raced out of Dad and Cissy's room. At least somethings going right today. "Lady Evans, Heir Flint be in the parlor for you," Spotty announced. I squealed as I rushed through the hall and slid down the banister. "So heirs don't run, but ladies can?" Harry asked as he trudged behind me, "that's not fair." I scoffed. "Next time, don't get caught," I told him with a small shrug as I turned back to my fiancé. "How've you been?" He asked me. I shrugged, "Busy," I answered. He laughed, "I can tell," he said turning towards my brothers, "hello Harry, Draco." They smiled, "Hello Marcus," they said. Suddenly everything was perfect.

It was so perfect I didn't even notice the flickering of a camera. "Oh that's absolutely gorgeous!" Narcissa gushed. Well at least not until Cissy said that. "Really Mum," Draco whined. "Well excuse me for seizing a good opportunity, besides we've needed to update our arsenal of portraits since Harry's been added to the family," she argued. All of us stopped as we processed what Cissy just said. "Did I say something wrong?" She asked coyly, "I truly don't mean to unsett-"she was cut off when Harry suddenly engulfed her in a hug. "I love you," Harry said leaning his head into the crook of her shoulder. She smiled and said, "I love you too."

It was slightly awkward in a cute sort of way. "Are you crying?" I asked Draco. "Is your heart made of stone?" He asked me, "I'm emotional, alright!" He whisper shouted. I chuckled only to be silenced with a kiss from Marcus, who was also crying. "Ewww!" Harry and Draco shouted in unison. "Hey, I didn't interrupt your little moment," I told Harry with a pointed look. "Come Flower, let me take you out to dinner," Marcus begged, extending his hand towards me. "Gladly," I agreed. "And what time will you be home?" Cissy asked. "22:00 sharp Lady Malfoy," Marcus answered. "You've trained him well," she whispered planting a kiss on my head, "have fun."

•••

"I have a bit of a confession to make," Marcus said once we stepped out of the manor, "we're not going to London, we're going to Avalon." I raised an eyebrow at him. Avalon is in the sky, there's no way to get there unless..."You rented out a flying carriage for me?" I asked in shock as Marcus carried me down the rest of the steps. "Surprise," he said with jazz hands. "How'd you pull this off?" I asked. "It wasn't too much trouble, although we do have to invite Queen Auriella and her children to Harry's birthday ball," he said bashfully. "I'm sure they'll get along fine enough, thank you so much," I said planting a kiss on his lips before climbing into the carriage. Soon enough he climbed in with me and the driver got the horses flying.

"Now right there, that cloud looks like a flower, a rose," I said. He shook his head, "It's a tea cup, it's obvious," he said. "With what handle?" I asked. "Not all teacups have handles," he said. I scoured the clouds for more interesting shapes. "That looks like Priscilla," I pointed out. "Your dad's peacock?" Marcus asked. "Don't you see the resemblance?" I asked. He shook his head, "Not really," he said. I was going to argue, but then carriage dropped and I screamed, cowering in Marcus's arms. "Sorry about that," Larry, our driver apologized. Marcus and I looked at each other and laughed as we continued to look at clouds until we landed.

"Is all this for me?" I gasped when I saw the picnic set up. "Do you like it?" He asked. "I love it," I gushed. "Good because I love you," he said. "More than purple loves green?" I asked. "More than purple loves green," he confirmed, "more than anything in the entire world."