Quidditch Match

October 18th, 1991
~Lucia~

After almost 2 weeks of crazy, things were finally getting back to normal

After almost 2 weeks of crazy, things were finally getting back to normal. The first quidditch match of the season was tomorrow and it was Slytherin vs Gryffindor. It was sure to bring normality back to hogwarts.

"Is he coming?" Draco asked for the billionth time. "I already told you, I don't know," I said for the billionth time. The door opened and our heads shut up towards Uncle Sev. "He's in my study," he said answering our unspoken question. I smiled and ran into Sev's study, leaving Sev in the dust.

"Dad!" I exclaimed. "Hello my flower," he said trapping me in a hug. "Father," Draco said with a small smirk, "you came." "Like I would miss my son's first match," Dad scoffed. "He's been asking about you all day," I informed. "Have not!" Draco argued. "I think he's nervous," I said in a sing song voice. Draco scoffed, "I am not nervous!" "Sureee," I smirked, looking at his sweaty palms. He is definitely nervous.

"Now Lucia, if I remember correctly you were nervous for your first match," Dad reminded. "Marcus and Blair had to drag you out of your dorm," Draco teased smiling fondly at the memory. "They did not," I argued. I blushed, staring at the clock on the wall. "Dray we should probably get going," I said noticing the time. "You'll both do great," Dad said giving me one last kiss on the head. I grabbed Draco's hand and pulled him out of the room.

~•~

"Oi! Hurry up!" Marcus yelled as we were changing in the locker room. I of course was already done as Blair and I changed in the dorms. "I'm going to kill that coward Wood," Marcus said. I rolled my eyes. He does this every year.

"Welcome to the first match of the year, Gryffindor vs Slytherin!" Lee Jordan called. "That's us," I said. "Don't be nervous," Blair said to Draco. "Just be smart, cunning, don't be afraid to crack some heads open," Cyrus added. "And catch the damn snitch," Marcus finished. "Yes..., that," I said sending a pointed glare towards my boyfriend and his best friend.

I loved the first match of a season. It was one of the most important matches as it set the tone for the year. Still it was no reason to make Draco nervous. The last thing he needed was more nerves.

I cupped his face in my hands and smoothed out his hair. "Don't mind them, you'll be great," I soothed. "Were you nervous for your first match?" Draco asked. "I was," I admit. "What'd you do?" Draco asked. "I got on the pitch and won the goddamn match," I said calmingly.

There was an awkward minute of silence as I stroked my brother's hair. I imagined what it would've been like if Harry knew about me. Would I be sitting with him for his first match? Would I be stroking his hair like I am with Draco? I shook my head pushing those thoughts out of my head. Dwelling on the past does no good for the future.

"What if I blow it?" Draco asked. "It's just a match if you lose this one we'll win the next one by twice as much," I said. "Cia!" Marcus yelled. "Come on now," I coaxed, grabbing Draco's hand and forcing him out the locker room.

~•~

The quidditch match ended in a soul breaking defeat as Harry Potter caught the snitch. Unfortunately he also broke his arm. Predictably he let Lockhart fix it so he ended up in the hospital wing with no bones in his arm.I had bigger problems than the brother that doesn't know I exist.

"Dray, you did great," I congratulated. "I didn't even catch the snitch," he argued. "Well to me you were the best on the pitch, and besides you can't catch it every game," I smirked, "plus you still have all your limbs." Draco laughed at the reference of what happened to Harry.

"Do you think the team is mad?" He asked. "Because of one game? Of course not!" I dismissed. "They probably think I bought my way in," he frowned. "Why would you care what they think?" I asked as we walked up the stairs and made three rights.

"You should go see him," Draco said suddenly, making me jump. "What are you talking about?" I asked. "I know you're worried about him, you should at least go make sure he's alright," Draco answered. I shook my head, "I'm not worried about him," I lied. "Alright..., but he could be dying," Draco sighed dramatically, "this could be your last chance to get a glimpse at your famous half brother before he dies."

I rolled my eyes. "It was an accidental bone removal,  barely even serious let alone fatal," I scoffed. "Still you should go see him, a good sister would," Draco pressed. "Back the fuck off," I growled. "Unless, of course, you're happy he's in pain," Draco pushed. I sent him a warning growl. How dare he!

"Fuck you, why do you even care?" I asked. "Oh I don't, but if I let you get away with not seeing him when he's in the hospital then Aunt Lily would kill me," he said fearfully glancing as if he expected Mum to off him right then and there. "Mum's a portrait she can't even cast spells," I reminded. "Thee Liliya Evans-Potter, trust me she'll find a way," my dramatic brother exaggerated dramatically.

"Dramatic arse," I muttered. He just smirked and motioned towards the door. "Fuck you," I hissed as I walked in just enough to see he was alright before turning around and walking out of the room. "He's fine, I'm going to my dorm," I muttered. "I'm going to write Mum," Draco said. "Give Cissy my love," I said walking towards my dorm with my thoughts.