Mudblood

September 29, 1991
~Lucia~

"First practice," I said grabbing my broom

"First practice," I said grabbing my broom. "You're excited," Marcus said. "Of course I am, I get to our fly you again," I said. "Don't count on it," he said. "You ready?" Pucey asked. I nodded excitedly.

Quidditch was one of my favorite activities. I'd play for hours with Marcus and  Blair. All three of us were chasers, Cyrus was a beater. "Do you have the note?" I asked Blair. She handed me a note written on parchment. "Perfect," I said handing it to Marcus.

"Cia, you'll never believe what father bought us!" Draco said running into the common room with Cy right behind him. "You're father donated nimbus 2001's to every one on the team!" Cyrus said. "No way!" Marcus exclaimed.

He opened the case then looked at me with a shit eating grin, he looked happier than a kid on Yule. "Well we're sure to beat Gryffindor now," Blair said. "Let's go!" Montague yelled. We each took a broom and ran to the pitch.

•••

"Okay so we're going to train Draco and you," Marcus said. "Me?" I asked. "To see how rusty you got over at that posh school," Marcus said. I glared, "I can still out fly you any day," I said. "Sure," he mocked.

Many older years were mad when Marcus was named captain this year. Since he's only a fourth year they didn't want to take orders from him, but Marcus trained long and hard. I knew him. He was determined to prove them wrong and have a winning team this year.

"This year we need to train like we've never trained before," he said, "chasers need to be faster, seekers need to more alert, and beaters need to be more aggressive." We all nodded. This was going great, until we saw the Gryffindors.

"Where do you think your going Flint?" Oliver Wood asked. "Quidditch practice," he said. "I booked the pitch for Gryffindor today," Wood said. "Wood chill, we've got a note," I said handing it to him. He read it and then looked at us.

"You've got a new seeker?" He asked skeptically. "Yeah," Marcus said. "Who?" Wood asked. We stepped out the way to let my brother in between us. "Malfoy?" Harry asked. "That's right, and that's not all that's new this year," he said. I rolled my eyes at his antics. Of course he's gonna show off.

"Those are nimbus 2001's, how'd you get those?" He asked. "A gift from their father," Marcus said. "You see, unlike you Weasel, our father can afford the best," he said. "At least no one one the Gryffindor team had to buy their way in, they got in on pure talent," the mud blood from the train said. "No one asked your opinion," Draco said, "you filthy little mudblood."

"You'll pay for that one Malfoy, eat slugs!" The Weasley said pointing his hazardous wand at Draco. Thankfully his broken wand backfired and he cursed himself. That wasn't enough for me though. I walked up to him. "Funnunculus," I said causing him to break out in boils. "Try that shit again and that will be the least of your problems," I said. The Gryffindor!

•••

"Okay we're done," Marcus finally said. Everyone hopped off their brooms cheering and headed to the dorms except Marcus and I. "Night fly?" I asked. "Night fly," he agreed. "This is going to be so fun," I said. It was something of a tradition for him and I to fly around after practice.

"Race you!" I said flying away. "I'll get you Evans!" He said flying after me. "Ahhhh!!!!" I squealed flying fast as possible. "That's not fair!" Marcus said. "Yes it is," I said. I smiled slowing down a bit for him.

"So do you know when the first match is?" I asked. "October 18th," Marcus answered, "it's against Hufflepuff." I smirked, "Should be an easy match then," I said. "When do you leave for Evans Manor?" He asked. I frowned a little bit. "Around Samhain, I don't have the specifics yet," I said. "Then I'll see you again in December after that," he said. I nodded.

Every year Father and I took a four day trip to Evans Manor where Mum's portrait was. The trip was always around Samhain as that was the anniversary of her death. That trip was coming up soon as it was already September 29th.

"So last year something crazy happened," Marcus said. "And what was that?" I asked. "The Dark Lord came back," he said. My jaw dropped. I've never liked the Dark Lord, especially after Father told me he killed my mum.

I knew there were people fighting him too like our brainless headmaster, but I'm no blood traitor. I couldn't care less about mudbloods and their affairs. The only mudblood I've ever cared about was James and he's dead.

Not to mention that he plans to get rid of all the dark magic. That's more than half of Evans Manor! I'm old enough to remember the raids. They'd break into pureblood manors and take whatever they pleased. They had no shame even going as far as breaking the portraits. I wanted no part in either side. I suppose I could be like the Zabini's and stay neutral.

•••

The next day in the courtyard I'm blinded by a flashing light while walking with Marcus. "What the hell!" I exclaimed. The perpetrator was a first year Gryffindor. "Sorry, I'm trying to get pictures to send back to my dad," he explained. "Is that a muggle camera?" Marcus asked. "Well... yeah, but someone in my dorm said that if I upload them right then it'll move," he said, "Isn't magic great?!" He asked.

"And your parents...?" I asked even though I already knew the answer. "They're muggles, my dad's a milk man, he was so excited when I got my letter. A whole new world to learn about!" The boy said excitedly. "So you're a mudblood then," I deduced. "No I'm a muggleborn," he corrected. Marcus and I laughed at the mudblood's stupidity.

"Hey why don't you take my picture mudblood!" A 7th year named Chase Aarons shouted. "Don't forget mine mudblood!" A 3rd year said. "Cmon don't you want more pictures for dear old dad?" Cyrus asked. "I-" he was cut off when Flynn Munkshed slapped the disgusting camera out of his dirty little hands.

"Oops, I guess your camera wasn't so special after all mudblood," he said. "It was just filthy and cheap, much like you,"  Marcus finished.

I almost felt bad, ALMOST, the mudblood looked like he was about to cry. But I knew what was expected of me, so I fell right back into the role of pureblood princess. "What's the matter..., mudblood?" I asked mockingly. I smirked when he ran away crying, it was hilarious. At the same time I hated how funny it was.

Why do you find it so enjoyable to torment innocent wizards and witches just because of their parents? My stepdad was a muggleborn, he wasn't worthless. He wasn't stupid. He wasn't a waste of space. James made made Mum happy, he made her smile and laugh. And muggles weren't all stupid.

I remember once James took Mum and I to a muggle waterpark for her birthday. It was the last time I remember with them before their death. In my mind it was pure genius! It had what looked like 100 things to do, 100 isn't stupid. Of course if my father ever found out about that I'd be in trouble for going. It's why I never told him.

Sometimes I wish I could let muggleborns live. I wish that I could keep them from becoming mudbloods. I wish life was less complicated and other people respected people. I wish that there wasn't a stupid rivalry between hogwarts houses that carried into the rest of our lives. I wish it ended after 7th year, but it doesn't.

All over England there were signs that said no Slytherin's allowed, or people refusing to hire us. It's foolish and it's what started this stupid war in the first place. Maybe if we ended the rivalry we could end the war. Who am I kidding, this rivalry goes too deep.