Who The Fuck Frees Another Man's House Elf?

June 29, 1992
~Lucia~

"HARRY JAMES FUCKING POTTER!" I roared as I stormed into Dumbledore's office

"HARRY JAMES FUCKING POTTER!" I roared as I stormed into Dumbledore's office. "Hi Luci," he said. "Don't you 'Luci' me," I snapped, "YOU'VE BEEN IN THE HOSPITAL WING ABOUT THREE DAYS AND WHEN YOU FINALLY GET OUT FATHER TELLS ME YOU'VE DECIDED TO FREE OUR HOUSE ELVES!!" He bit his lip. "Actually it was just one elf," he muttered earning my signature glare. "I TOLD YOU TO STAY AWAY FROM ALL OF THIS!" I added. "Ginny almost died!" He defended. I glared at him, "Ginny is neither my concern nor yours," I said, "I don't see why you had to be the one to save her."

By now Harry was red with anger. "SHE'S RON'S BROTHER!" He screamed, "you would've done the same for Draco!" I chose to ignore the fact that he neglected to include  himself in this little argument of his, for now. "Draco is my brother, my blood, Ginny has nothing to do with you," I hissed. "Ginny may as well be my sister!" Harry shouted. "Unbelievable!" I scoffed. "What?" He asked, shooting a confused look, "the Weasleys took care of me last year, they're more my family than you are." At this point I was fuming.

"Then I suppose you don't need me anymore, since the Weasleys are your family!" I shouted. "Maybe I don't!" He yelled. "Good!" I shouted, "because I'm done, you can be a Weasley, you can be whatever you'd bloody like so long as you don't bug me once it goes wrong!" I snapped as I stormed out of the room.

•••

I stormed right into Uncle Sev's chest, tears falling down my face and all. "You're crying," he observed as he led me into his office. I scoffed at his dimwitted comment. He raised an eyebrow at me. "Harry and I got into a fight, he says the Weasleys are his family now," I explained. "I've always held the opinion that your brother would turn out to be an ungrateful swine," he sneered. I shook my head. "That's the problem, he's not!" I insisted, "I'm the problem, I've always been the problem." Uncle Sev shook his head and pulled me into his chest. "I'm broken, Uncle Sev," I cried, "I'm broken and nobody can fix me." He sighed as we pulled apart. "You are not, nor will you ever be broken," he tells me.

Maybe it should've been me instead of Mum. "I never want to hear you think that again," Uncle Sev snapped. "No one told you to be a legilimens," I mumbled. "I'm serious Iris, never think or say something like that again," he said sternly. "But it's true, if he'd just killed me instead Mum and James would still be alive and Harry would be happy and the world would spin on with way less problems than now," I explained. "And your family would be devastated," he told me. "You'd get over it, I'm not that important," I shrugged. "You are very important, the most important thing in the world to your mother and father and Draco and Marcus and everyone else with half a brain including me," he stated.

"I'm pretty sure you have more than half," I said in a weak attempt to change the subject. My godfather rolled his eyes at my attempt. "And I'm pretty sure you're still one of the most important people in my world, you and Draco," he said. "And Mum?" I asked. "Yes, and your mother," he agreed.

I paused for a moment before asking, "Did you really love her?" He smiled fondly at me, a genuine smile not just the his normal sneer he usually has. "Of course, she was my best friend," he finally answered. "But did you love her?" I pressed, "like marriage type love?" He chuckled, "You really wanna know?" He asked. "More than anything," I said seriously. He gestured for me to take my own seat and I obliged.

"Have I ever told you the story of how your Mum and I met?" He asked me. I shook my head, "I've always just assumed you'd met her and Dad at Hogwarts," I explained. He smiled, "We were 6 years old, your Aunt Petunia was 11 and had still not gotten her letter," he explained. "The day she became a squib," I gasped. "Not became, she was always a squib, this was just the day that confirmed what we already knew," he corrected, "your aunt was crying in the garden and your Mum was trying to comfort her until I tripped on a rock while running away from my stupid father." I smiled, "That's how you met?" I asked. He nodded.

***
~Flashback~

"It's okay Tuney, Mumma and Daddy will find a way to hide the shame, nobody will ever find out," A six year Lily Evans whispered to her sister. "You're very bad at this, Lils," the aforementioned "Tuney" told her sister. "What else am I a'posed to say, I've never cheered up a squib before now, hell I've never even met a squib before now!" Lily defended.

Before Petunia could scold her for cursing they heard a loud "Thump!" from behind them. "Who was that?" Lily asked, "show yourself!" A boy with dark hair and a hooked nose stepped out from the tree. "What's your name?" Lily asked. "Severus, but my friends call me Sev," he answered. "Are you a...a muggleborn?" Lily stuttered with a hint of fear in her voice, remembering the horrid tales her grandmama told her about muggleborns. "Halfblood," Severus said nervously. Lily sighed in relief. "I'm Lily and this is Petunia, it's nice to meet you Sev," Lily said with a curtsy. Severus smiled with a small nod of his head.

~End Flashback~

"Friends?" I asked, "I thought you said Mum was your first friend." Uncle Sev laughed bitterly as he said, "She was, but I wasn't going to tell her that- I had far too much pride at that age." I smirked, "How did you meet dad?" I asked knowing it would probably be interesting. "It's not as interesting as you might think," he warned me, "quite boring in fact."

I shook my head still wanting to know. "We met at your mother's 7th birthday party, I helped her lie about her sister's whereabouts," he explained. "What'd you say?" I asked. "I said she was killed by a runaway dragon," he said. "But dad and mum were best friends since they were born, surely he would've known the truth," I pointed out. "He did," Uncle Sev admits, "that's why he didn't believe me."

I laughed at that. "Is that why he put you through his two week crash course on the art of lying?" I asked. "No, that was because of an incident that happened when we were nine," he explained. "Well now you have to tell me," I giggled. "I will do no such thing," he smirked. "Come on!" I begged. He shook his head. "Perhaps another time, right now you have some packing to do," he suggested. "I'll hold you to that," I warned him. "Oh, I'm sure you will," he said amused as I reluctantly walked out of his office.

•••

The end of year feast was mediocre at best. The food was as delicious as usual, but the festivities were underwhelming. The most exciting part was the confirmation that there would be no final exams. Other than that, Dumbledore publicly praised Harry for nearly getting himself killed, awarded him and Ron Weasley 100 points each for defeating Slytherin's monster, then awarded Weaslette and Granger 30 points each for the apparent bravery of getting petrified or taken into the chamber.

Once the unfair awardings ended it was announced that Slytherin came in last place, unsurprisingly. The teachers punished Slytherins relentlessly this year because of the chamber and our disregard for it. It's not our fault we're mostly pureblood. Why should we have been concerned when the monster wasn't going after us?

After the feast we ran back to our common rooms to collect our things and load the train. "Are you sure you don't wanna talk to him, Luci?" Blair asked. "I want nothing to do with him," I asserted. "You're lying, I know you still care about him," Marcus said. "He wants nothing to do with me right now so drop it," I told them as we dragged our luggage towards the train.

"I'll see you next month for your ball," Uncle Sev told me before I got on. "Ball?" I asked, "what ball?" He smirked, "I mustn't say more," he insisted, "I'm sure your father will explain it once you get home." I frowned at him. Why bring it up if you're not going to tell me. "To build anticipation," he answered before planting a small kiss on my forehead. "I love you Uncle Sev," I said hugging him. "I'll see you soon," he told me ending the hug and gesturing towards the train.