The Grangers

July 15, 1992
~Harry~

"Now remember when you sit, you must always sit exactly like this, head up and shoulders relaxed," Madame Sterling, my etiquette coach explained

"Now remember when you sit, you must always sit exactly like this, head up and shoulders relaxed," Madame Sterling, my etiquette coach explained. "An heir to a noble house must never slouch, not even when completing his school papers," she continued. Madame Sterling was a posh sort of lady with a stern bun and a stick up her arse. I don't like her very much, and most of her instructions go in one ear and out the other.

Of course, like in school, I still tried in her class. I have taken to trying my hardest in all of my lessons if only to make Lucia's life a little bit easier. This, however, was extremely difficult. Especially when Madame Sterling kept droning about things like posture or silverware. Luckily, my lesson for today was practically over, and as soon as Punky let me out I would be on my way to Hermione's house until dinner. "Mr. Potter, you are dismissed and remember you have a test on your etiquette tomorrow," she said. "Thank you," I said flatly as I walked quickly out of the room.

Once I was out of the room I slouched back into my natural posture and all but ran towards the library. "Harrison Potter!" The scolding voice of Lucius Malfoy called as I ran passed him. "Sorry Lucius!" I called over my shoulder. He huffed as he continued walking in the other direction. Based on the color of his robes, he was probably visiting one of the Evans' businesses again. "Harry, there you are!" I smiled politely as Lucia continued to walk towards me. Her eyes were lined with stress, her smile was forced, and she looked downright exhausted. "Is everything alright?" I asked. She nodded, "I just need your approval on color schemes for your birthday," she explained, "it was originally going to be white with accents of purple, green, and silver for the Evans family crest, but since it's just a birthday party that's not technically a necessity, it's truly up to you."

I couldn't help but notice her dress robes were purple with hints of green and silver, like our crest. She must be going somewhere important. "I have a press conference later," she explained, "I'm actually on my way to meet Great Uncle Leonid to prepare." My smile faded at the subtle reminder of her intense workload. Perhaps I should just go with the colors to make it easier. "Harrison James Potter, don't you dare," Lucia warned. Stupid legilimency. "I don't mind the colors, but I would slightly prefer something like blue or red," I explained. "I can do that, blue and red it is," Lucia agreed before rushing down the stairs towards the floo.

I went to my room and changed out of the suit and robes I was forced to wear for lessons. I put on a simple black hoodie and jeans instead. Once I finished I asked Mipsy if she could take me to Hermione's and after a bit of fanfare, I was finally seeing one of my best friends for the first time since school last year.

•••

"Harry!" Hermione squealed once she saw me at the door. I smiled at her as she engulfed me in a huge hug. "Bonjour Hermione," I greeted. "Bonjour Harry, comment s'est passé ton été?" (How has your summer been) Hermione asked. "Intéressant," (interesting) I answered. "I'll say, since when do you speak French?" she asked. "Since I started living in Malfoy manor," I answered. "You mean the rumors are true?" She gasped. I nodded despite not knowing what rumors she was referring to. "Lucia's now head of house Evans and decided it would be better if I didn't stay with the Dursleys for the summers," I explained.