The Chamber

October 8th, 1991
~Lucia~

"Iris you won't believe what's happening!" Draco yelled

"Iris you won't believe what's happening!" Draco yelled. "Don't call me that," I snapped, my eyes not even leaving my book. "How could you possibly be reading at a time like this?!" He asked. "It's quite simple you just turn the page and look at words and-" "-Harry Potter opened a cat killing chamber!" Draco yelled with a shit eating grin. "He did WHAT?!" I asked looking at Lily who was next to me.

"We have to go!" Draco exclaimed. "Wait! Accio Lily's cage," I said. As soon as my cat was secure I let Draco take me to Harry's 'Cat Killing Chamber.' "This is his chamber?" I asked. "It killed Filch's cat, he's gonna be in so much trouble!" Draco exclaimed. "The Chamber of Secrets has been opened, enemies of the heir... beware," I read. "Enemies of the heir?" Someone asked. "I think they mean mudbloods," I answered rolling my eyes at the gasps I got from the people who heard me.

Out of the corner of my eye I spotted the Headmaster along with Snape and McGonagall. I instantly pulled Draco back from the front. The last thing we needed was to be blamed for this. "Wha-" I clamped a hand over his mouth. "If they see Slytherins in the front, Slytherins will be blamed," I whispered to him through gritted teeth.

He let go of me and nodded before motioning to his friends to go to the back. "Everyone go to your dorms, except you three," Dumbledore said pointing to Harry and his two friends. I dragged Draco down to the Slytherin dorms to make sure he got there. Knowing him he'd want to sneak around to hear what was happening and it would do no good for him to get in any more trouble.

The second he got to the common room everyone looked at Snape. "So are the mudbloods being murdered?" A first year asked. "Muggleborns! I don't care what your blood status is, you will call them muggleborns!" Snape snapped. "Why?" A 3rd year dared to ask, which only filed Snape's temper. "You call them mudbloods and they go to Dumbledore, now do you want to be blamed for this Miss Manchester?" Snape asked. Nora Manchester shook her head vigorously. "Then I suggest you tread very carefully," he said, "EVERYONE TO YOUR DORMS!"

~•~

The chamber was all anyone would talk about for the next 3 days. The mudbloods were panicking as were blood traitors, the Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs were curious, and of course us Slytherin's were taking bets on who it would be next. "Bets going around for Paul Franklin," Cyrus whispered as he sat across from me. "It won't be him he's a Ravenclaw, he's smarter then that," I argued.

"My bets on Mason Rudd," Blair said. "Oh I hope it's him, little mutt was really bugging me in Charms last week," I said. "I hope it's Wood," Marcus said. "We've discussed this Marcy, Wood is halfblood," I sighed. "If I were the heir I'd find a way to kill Wood," Marcus grumbled. I rolled my eyes. Who would I petrify if I were the heir?

It was a scary thought, having the power to petrify whoever you want. At the same time it was impossible not to think about who I would use it on if I had that power. How the power would improve my life. Probably Dumbledore, it's not like he doesn't deserve it. Then I'd find a way to get rid of the dark lord myself because of what he did to my mum. The possibilities were endless with that kind of power.

"I bet it's Evans, her mother was a death eater, you know," I heard a Weasley say. I growled and got up to hex him again when Marcus held me back. "Remember the warning, don't waste it on him," Marcus said. "I wanna kill him," I muttered. "Kill him later, just not right now okay," He said. I nodded and leaned into him.

"Its not the first time it was opened, I heard it was opened once before," a girl said. "I'll bet her mother's the heir and she taught her how to do it this year," Weasley said. "That's not possible Ron, her Mum's dead," Harry said. "Well good riddance, I hope her father dies to," The boy, Ron said. "Come on," Marcus said dragging me away.

~•~

2 more days later people were still constantly talking about the chamber. The first 3 days I understand, but now it's just crazy. People are practically scaring themselves. The crazy thing is no one's even been petrified yet, it was just a cat. If anything I should be scared because I actually have a cat.

"Look at all the scared mudbloods,"my Ravenclaw friend, Cynthia Serpux said pointing to a Hufflepuff first year. Even I laughed a bit as the muggleborns avoided the chamber like the plague. It was rather funny and some other purebloods made a joke of pretending to push them in.

"BETS UP!" Cyrus shouted jocularly as he sat down across from Blair. "3 galleons on Granger!" Pucey called. "Stupid bet, she's to smart for that," I scoffed. "Well then what's your bet then?" Pucey asked. "Camera boy," I said after some hesitation. "Are you betting on him?" Montague asked. "Yup, 5 on camera boy," I called. "Bet he'd be trying to take a picture of it," Blair laughed. "Wouldn't put it past him," Marcus agreed. "5 on camera boy for Cia!" Cyrus called, "Anybody else?!" I laughed as people started placing bets.

"10 for Wood!" Marcus called. "We talked about this honey," I reminded him. "But-" "He's half-blood," I cut him off. "I bet he was so annoying they made an exception," Marcus said. I rolled my eyes. "Fine, 10 for Wood!" Cyrus reluctantly called despite the fact that Wood would never be petrified. He brought this on himself, and easy money is easy money. Besides, I'd win either way.