Valentines Day

February 14, 1992
~Lucia~

"Lucia!" I groaned rolling over in my bed, "Lucia get up!" I shook my head squeezing my eyes close

"Lucia!" I groaned rolling over in my bed, "Lucia get up!" I shook my head squeezing my eyes close. Why is Blair so annoying? "Wake up Lucia, we're already eight minutes late to class!" She yelled shaking me. "It's Lockhart's class, Blair," I yawned turning towards her, "he can wait another hour."

I'm not a fan of Lockhart, ever since his stupid dueling club. It's because of him that Harry's so obsessed with the bloody heir. If Lockhart didn't start his stupid dueling club then no one would've thought Harry was the heir. Then Harry wouldn't be going crazy looking for him.

"I'm staying in my room!" Laura Moon, a seventh year Slytherin, announced as she sprinted up the girl's stairs. "What's that all about?" I asked walking over to Cyrus. "Lockhart decided to introduce the muggle Valentine's Day to Hogwarts," he answered. "And Dumbledore allowed it?" I asked incredulously. "He was all for it," Cyrus scoffed, "you know how he gets about muggles." I rolled my eyes.

Our headmaster is such a blood traitor, he'll introduce a new holiday before he even thinks about letting us celebrate our own holidays. We've been begging for years to legalize the celebrations of Samhain, Yuletide, and even Imbolc, but he always says no. Even some muggle holidays like Ramadan and Diwali were banned because they had magical roots. He only allowed holidays celebrated by the so called Christians, whatever that means.

He claims it's to make Hogwarts more inclusive, but really it makes us feel like outsiders in our own world. I mean how would you feel if you couldn't celebrate your holidays because they're too "dark."

Cyrus continued to explain about the stupid trolls and all the extras Lockhart arranged and by the end I had already planned my escape. "I'm going to Uncle Sev's," I announced. "He won't allow that," Cyrus said. "Sure he will, he loves me!" I called over my shoulder.

•••

"Cmon Uncle Sev, you have to let me stay here!" I begged. "Get off your knees Lucia, you'll be late to class," He said boredly. "What if a troll attacks me, Father will be pissed," I pushed. "Oh whatever shall I do," he sneered. "Please Sev," I begged, "I'll get the work tomorrow." He sighed, "Fine, you may stay in my office until the end of the day," he said. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" I squealed. "You are quite welcome," he said rolling his eyes.

I ran out of his room and to my dorm. I decided I'd work on my latest letter before going to Sev's office.

Lucia's Letter

Dear Father,
How was France, was it fun? School is as boring as ever. I don't have a lot of homework, but I've been keeping up with what I do have. Weird things have been happening to Harry, I don't know why. He said he saw a house elf in his bedroom, but our Aunt is a squib, she doesn't own a house elf. He didn't tell me the name, just said that he had ironed his hands when he was in the hospital wing a while back. Didn't Dobby iron his hands a bit back?? Anyways, I hope you're having a good week. Write you soon!

Your Daughter,
Lucia Malfoy-Evans

Once I finished, I raced to the Owlery to give it to Serpent, Draco's owl, before heading to the dungeons. "If you must stay down here you will not be fooling around, you will be making potions and shelving ingredients," Uncle Sev told me. "I'll do it, anything better than the stupid troll," I reasoned. "You know, the trolls can still get to you in here," he told me. "Yes, but it's less embarrassing," I said. He sighed, "Of course," He rolled his eyes.

•••

"This is boring," I moaned dramatically flopping onto Uncle Sev's couch. "You could always go to class," he told me. "Ugh!" I groaned. "I believe I warned you of the tasks you'd be forced to complete, did I not?" He asked. "You did, but I didn't think they'd be so boring," I explained.

He scoffed,"You didn't think the sorting of papers would be boring?" Uncle Sev impugned. "Well you do it all the time, I would think you at least found some joy in it," I defended. He laughed and patted my head like a dog. I growled at him. "Once we finish this we can go into the lair and whip up some stuff, alright?" He proposed. "Alright," I conceded.

We spent the rest of the day organizing his potions cupboards, doing homework, and whipping up potions with my godfather. It was honestly one of the best days I've had in a while. "Cmon Lucia, I believe you've managed to evade all of your classes for today," Uncle Sev smirked, "go enjoy your evening." I hugged him and left to head to the quidditch pitch. Marcus was probably was wondering where I was if Blair hasn't told him by now.