Chapter 14

HELLO BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE! I'M BACK WITH ANOTHER CHAPTER!!!

I hope you guys have enjoyed the story so far! I apologize for the long waits in-between chapters. Life has been crazy!

Please let me know if you see any grammar or editing mistakes!

I love seeing what you guys think about the story, so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE COMMENT, VOTE, AND FOLLOW!!!

*        *        *        *        *        *        *   

The farther I walked, the darker it became, the more the dread set in. I just kept walking and walking. The urge to turn and run felt like it was eating me alive, but I wasn't in control of my legs. A light speck appeared in the distance, giving me a small hope that I was going towards something good, something better. The closer I got, the bigger it became.

When the speck was finally close enough to make out what it was, when the speck finally took shape, my heart jumped and a chill seeped into my bones.

Deacon stood there, his arms open and waiting for me, a malicious smile on his face. Two steps closer, and I noticed what he had in his hand.

A knife.

Two more steps and two bodies appeared on the ground behind him, a male and female.

It took me a minute to recognize them, as their faces had been slashed so much it was had to make out any distinctive features.

But I recognized the brown color of the woman's hair because it was the same shade as mine. I knew that if the man's eyes were open, they would be the same emerald green as mine.

"That's my girl." My eyes snapped up to meet this and I kept walking towards him, still not having any control over where I was headed.

"Come here. Be a good girl and come here. You're mine, Emerson. You'll always be my girl."

When I within arms length of Deacon, I finally stopped. He quickly stepped towards me and gripped my biceps, squeezing hard enough that it hurt.

"Always."

Waking up was a blessing and a curse. While I was glad to be away from my tormentor in my dreams, my body ached everywhere. My head felt like it was squeezing my brain, my muscles burned, and my throat felt like I had swalled sandpaper. For a minute I just laid there. I left my eyes shut, but gave my fingers a little wiggle, just to try and stretch out my a few of my smaller muscles. The room was nice and quiet.

And then I heard the whispering.

"No. I'm not sure." Pause "Well, what do you want me to do, take a blood sample for testing?" Pause. "I'm not doing that; that's just ridiculous." Pause. "I'm well aware, and I wasn't planning on it." Pause. "I'm not sure what-"

All of a sudden, a tightening pulled my muscles tighter, making me groan and cut off whatever the man's next words would have been.

I felt the bed dip beside me. I managed to peel my eyes open the smallest amount to catch a glimpse of the man.

He was huge, almost as big as Silas, but not quite. His hair was buzzed, and I could see some emotion in his eyes. Pity? Concern? Curiosity? Whatever it was, it didn't seem to be anger or lust. Just that alone made me pause.