10 | ɴᴇᴡ ʜᴏᴍᴇ

It's needless to say that Neo does not leave Optimus' arms. For one, Neo did not want to leave his source of safety, and Optimus wasn't even sure how to put him down after he'd let that fact be known. Any semblance of doing so distressed the youngling, and the Prime refused to be the reason for it.

Besides, the child weighed nothing to him, what's holding him for a while?

Ratchet could tell Neo had the Prime wrapped around his tiny fingers, a knowing smile growing on his faceplates. Neo, curious and shy, peeked from behind the arm of his chosen safety and the old medic knew that he was just as attached.

Ratchet had chased out Bulkhead, Bumblebee, and Arcee with a wrench to the helm and a stern warning to wait for him to call them in. This time, he made sure Optimus was in the med bay with them when Neo woke again.

Ratchet gave the mech the full rundown of how their bond seemed to be working. The display he'd shown earlier only confirmed it for him.

"He sees me as a parental unit? But I'm..." Optimus, holding the slumbering Neo in his arms, wasn't sure how to approach the situation. He'd had a spark mate to be, Elita One, and they had a bond that continued to grow... But they were never able to be blessed with a sparkling. and never able to go further thanks to war separating them.

Now, a millennia after the well had gone dark, a child chose him out of the blue as their parental unit?

Of course, Optimus was absolutely elated. But was he worthy of such a task? Sure, he'd practically raised Bumblebee, but the young scout wasn't a child as small as Neo when he found him. He didn't know the first thing about taking care of a sparkling.

"Nep nep nep. Don't even finish that statement." Ratchet nipped it in the bud, "There is no one I know more capable, nor more worthy, to be seen as such other than you, Optimus."

For some reason, Optimus' mind replayed the image of Megatron holding Neo. It was the same as he was doing now, and Neo was just as contented in his arms... Surely his eyes deceived him, but with the way he acted afterward... it was beginning to seem more likely that maybe he was not the only one with the qualification.

"How is he now?" The leader asked, breaking himself away from that thought. Currently, Neo was playing with his digits, taking each finger into his hands with quiet fascination. His round, blue eyes whirled endlessly as he studied each one, giggling as he did as if he made some great discovery.

"Aside from being a little hungry, he's completely healthy. Though some of the scans seem to be malfunctioning." He said, scanning again and getting the same malfunction. "Insufferable human tech."

"Which scans?" Optimus said, paying attention to both Ratchet's explanation and watching the little one in his arms continue to play.

"I tried to determine his frame type first, but forget finding a match. From the little I was able to gather, Neo's frame isn't even made from the same material as ours. It's unique, absolutely." Ratched projected the scans for Optimus to see, earning an incredulous squeal from the little one.

"Eeehh??" How was he on there? He was right here! But he could see himself right there, too. He looked between Ratchet and the screen, eyes whirling up a storm.

"Eh! Ahh eh wah! EEH!" He shot the older mech a rapid-fire of questions, pointing at the screen and trying to grab it. All they heard were excited babbles though.

Optimus chuckled, a light sound one doesn't often hear. Even though it was just babbling, the mech could understand the fundamental questions within them thanks to their bond. "Yes, that's you, Neo. However, it is just an image of you. There aren't two of you."