"I...I...." She gulps.  Oh damn, am I going to say this? I guess I'll keep it as simple as I can.

She takes a deep breath before speaking.

"Okay, I know this may sound strange but....I-I'm not from this world."

Wei Wuxian's eyes widened and he tilts his head in confusion.

"Huh? What do you mean?"

Xia puts her face in her hands.

"I don't know how to explain this without sounding like a complete lunatic but I am from an alternate reality where you and everyone else are just fictional characters in a popular...story."

  Don't think I should explain the genre because...ya know.

Normally Wei Wuxian would laugh and tease her for saying something weird but seeing the nervous look in Xia's eyes made him go along with her words.

"I see... So uh what's this story about?"

"Well, it's about a lot of things about your world. Cultivation, the clans, etcetera. Jiang Cheng, Wen Chao, Zixuan, and even Lan Zhan... are also really important to the events of the story. But Wei Wuxian, you are the most important piece of the story that brings it together..." She bites her lip, afraid to go on but forcing herself to continue.  "....Because the story begins with your death."

Wei Wuxian gasps and his body is frozen in shock.

"My...my death?" He says the last word in a hushed tone, making Xia look down guiltily.

"Yes, a few years from now ...you will be seen as a traitor by all the clans because of a choice you make...you will be feared by many...and things will happen that will lead to your death."

"W-what?I ...what could I have possibly done to be ..to be feared? To be killed? And by who?"

Xia sighs before explaining the major events of what she knew through the storyline of season 1. Wei Wuxian didn't say a word, but his face held so many emotions and she couldn't blame him. 

"The plan was to quietly change the course of the timeline, but the same events just keep occurring, and I don't even know who is behind all of this." She looks down guiltily."I'm sorry. The universe sent the worst person for this."

At first, she was sure that Wei Wuxian would have yelled at her or walked away by now. But instead, he looks off into the distance before speaking.

"It must have been scary for you."

Xia looks at him with wide eyes as he turns back to look at her.

"Being placed in a world that you thought was all make-believe. Having to fight off corpses and deal with annoying guys like Zixuan and Wen Chao. And most of all...you've been away from your home for almost 3 years."

He gives her the most heart-aching smile.

"You've been working to help us all on your own. That's pretty amazing A'Xia."

His words make Xia's eyes tear up.

"Huh...I never really thought about it like that...I guess it helped me keep from going insane." Her lip quivers. "D-damnit, yeah, it's been scary as hell Wei Wuxian. I really thought I was going to die so many times."

Wei Wuxian takes her hand.

"I can understand why you wouldn't want to tell anyone, but A'Xia, by now you should know that I will believe anything you tell me and I would never let you go through anything on your own. No matter what it may be." 

Xia sniffs with a smile. 

"Gosh Wei Wuxian. You're really are as kind as you are in the story."

Wei Wuxian laughs and decides to lighten the mood a little.

"Hm? I bet I was your favorite character then."

Xia snickers.

"Actually it was Lan Qiren. "

"OLD MAN QIREN.HEH!?" Wei Wuxian's face looks shocked. 

"I'm just messing with you, hehe. But seriously it was actually Lan Xichen."

Wei Wuxian slumps.

"I can get by that.." His pout remains.  "Lan Xichen is really cool."

She pats his back.

"He is but don't look so down. I was always cheering for you."

Wei Wuxian's cheeks turn pink.

"You ..you did?"

Xia looks down shyly scratching her cheek as her face turns pink,

"Y-yeah. I wanted to fight so many people who did you wrong."

Wei Wuxian flashes her an eye smile.

"That makes me happy."

Xia looks up at him again and finds herself smiling as well.

'Wei Wuxian ... thank you for trusting me. I hope I can change the future, and see you and everyone I've grown to care for smile.'

With that, the two look up at the half-moon in the starry sky. With a friendship strengthened by the truth being revealed, the two teenagers felt a weight lift off their shoulders, but there was still worry for the future and what was to come.

A few feet away behind them stood Jiang Cheng, staring at the pair of teens with an expression of jealousy and confusion.

'A'Xia...Wei Wuxian...why are you both so secretive nowadays?' He clenches his fists. 'And why can't I stand you being so close to her, Wei Wuxian ?'