"Wouldn't have it any other way." SEASON 6-PART 7

"Maddie! Hurry up!" Callie called up the stairs and Maddie rolled her eyes as she grabbed her dress and shoved it in her bag along with her makeup bag and ran downstairs. Today was Thanksgiving. Right now everyone was about to leave for the Dunphy's house because Maddie had promised Phil and Luke she would help them make the Turkey for the thanksgiving meal.

Callie and her boyfriend, Shane, had come to visit for Thanksgiving so Maddie could actually stay at her own house, for once. It's not that nobody trusted Maddie alone, Claire and Phil had always insisted that Maddie would get too lonely there and if her parents were ever out of town, they would know and immediately invite her over.

"Maddie you are already late, Alex text me saying they already started on the Turkey!" Callie yelled up the stairs as Maddie reached the top and gasped. "They fucking started without me!"

"Language!" Callie scolded as Shane held back a laugh. "You're not helping!" Callie also held back a smile but couldn't resist it from spreading across her face when her boyfriend gave her a soft smile and kissed her on the cheek. "Oh my god, can you guys stop making out so we can get in the car."

"It was one kiss Maddie, don't be dramatic." Callie rolled her eyes before they all left to get in the car.

➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪

"Callie!" Alex exclaimed when she opened the door and the two girls shared a tight hug. Then everyone but Phil and Luke came to greet the three making Maddie scoff. "Phil! Luke! Come say hello to Callie!" Claire whispered into the kitchen angrily and Phil looked up in surprise. "Callie is here now?"

"Yes, come on! You too Luke!" She scolded and dragged the two into the hallway. "Sorry about them, they were just caught up because they're making the Thanksgiving Turkey." Claire gave Callie a look which she immediately understood and nodded. "Yeah, Maddie has told me all about that." She gave Claire the same look before giving Phil and Luke a hug. To Phil and Claire, Maddie and Callie were basically their kids, hell they spent more time raising them than their actual parents did, and they were so proud of them.

"So you two started the cooking without me." Maddie looked up at Phil before diverting her gaze to Luke as she tied her hair into a low messy bun. "Well you were late so we had too." Luke rolled his eyes making Maddie stick her tongue out at home before Phil handed the girl an apron.

➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪

"You put the giblets in the pan?" Phil asked his Son who responded with "Yes chef." Making Maddie stifle a laugh before Phil said. "Thanks, a boy named Sous...chef."

Maddie and Luke both let out a laugh and Maddie shot Luke a surprised look, surprised  he understood the joke. "I don't get it, but I trust you."

Okay so he didn't understand the joke.

"All right, Phillip, tuck the wing tips under the body of the bird and place in a roasting pan." Phil's new app, which gave you amazing recipes and they would all be spoken to you by international super chef Nigella Lawson while you cooked, instructed him making Maddie roll her eyes as she began cleaning some potatoes.

"As you wish my crumpet." Phil responded to the app in an overly happy tone. "How's it going in here?" Claire asked as she looked at everything on the countertop. "Great. You just take advantage of your first Thanksgiving not sweating over a hot stove and having to sit down to dinner all gross and grumpy and exhausted." Phil smiled as he began to look at different seasons.

"Yeah, this year, you can be in a good mood." Luke smiled and Maddie elbowed him as a smile crept onto her face. "Well, I was until this little riff." Claire mumbled as Manny and Haley wondered in, Callie and Shane soon following behind. "Mom and Jay sent a Thanksgiving greeting from Mexico." Manny smiled as he sat his laptop down on the counter and everyone gathered around, Shane just awkwardly stood next to Callie as he didn't know these people.