"Kenneth didn't even behave like he knew me."

"Because he has also forgotten you." What of Buchi? Could he remember?

~

I stood at her door deliberating whether to knock or go away. The door opened, thankfully. Kaima looked at me in surprise. "When did you come back? Today?" I nodded. She had been at school when we came back and when she returned, I was napping.

"May I come in?" Seconds went by before she nodded. "Thanks." I stepped into her purple-themed room, looking around.

"Do you want something?" This girl was almost my height. Almost. She was going to be taller than me, most likely hitting six feet. "Vivian."

"Do I have to need something to see my sister."

"No..." she drawled. "It's just that, we don't talk. I'm confused. I don't know why you're here. It already feels very awkward." She was talking quickly, her eyes everywhere but on me. If there was something I would regret, it's will be not cultivating a relationship with her. It was already too late.

"We're Sisters."

"I'm shocked you remember that." What? "Sorry. I mean it's always you and Jordan. It's like you forget that you have other siblings." I had no words. Some part of me knew she was right. But it didn't want to admit that I was at fault.

"You're so fond of being on your own, Kaima." She rolled her eyes and moved toward her bed.

"Diane. It's Diane to you." She was cold. "And you would have been one of the people I liked accommodating. You never bothered. Jordan even tried but you..."

Rihanna's Where Have You Been started playing and she rushed to her phone on her reading desk. "Hey Favorite person."

"Kaima, who's with you? Why you talking that way?" It was a boy. I raise my brows when she glanced at me. She frowned.

"My sister, Vivian. She's back home. She won't interrupt us. Why'd you call me? Is it urgent?"

"I miss you, babe." Babe? What the? How old was she? Barely fifteen. She giggled.

"You saw me not more than three hours ago."

"I still miss you. Can we meet up? Or should I come to your place?"

"My mom's around..." She started walking to the door. She opened it and gestured for me to leave m I stayed put. "And my siblings are home. Jordan will murder you."

"Well Baba is back home. Faruqi and Zaynab just returned so many people are here. And then there's that tattletale." Kaima beamed.

"Aww. My cutie pie. Rara."

"Whatever. So..."

"I dunno... I'll come over."

"I'm taking you out."

"To eat a salad?"

"Kaima."

" My next shoot is next week. I've added weight." Someone who looked starved.

"We're going to see a movie. Just the both of us. And one cup of ice-cream won't hurt you. Come on. We can workout the extra weight." She sighed.

"Because I love you. Just because of that." At her small age.

"I love you more. Get ready. I'll be at your place in fifteen minutes."

"Bring Rara."

"Twenty minutes. See you, babe."

"Sure. Bye." She spun around and gave me a sour look. "I want to change. I have somewhere to be "

"Is he your boyfriend?"