||37||

Warning: POV switching

▪︎▪︎▪︎

"May, I have this dance, Ms Essien?" She stepped back but he held her waist. "Jeiel." She glanced at me.

"The first dance is meant to be with your partner."

"She doesn't mind. Jeiel, let's talk. Please." I don't mind? He didn't even ask if I did.

"Kenneth, everyone is watching us." It was no lie. Since he walked up to her most eyes were on them. The rest were on me. I could feel them.

"Let's give them a show. And I want us to talk." She didn't say a word as he led her to the middle of the hall. The two of them danced in perfect harmony, matching each other's dance steps. I saw the way Kenneth was staring at her, with so much emotion. He held her dearly. Anyone with eyes could see that.

They looked good together. A king and his queen. Only that, this queen seemed unwilling. Their mouths were moving as they danced. Other couples decided to join them. I locked eyes with Buchi who was with Jaelyn. His eyes were screaming, "Save me!!!" I just laughed. I saw another face I recognised. Maryanne.

Dev was her partner? Wow. She smiled at me. I just watched people dancing and moved to the snack table. I cut myself a slice of cake while watching the show. "Why aren't you dancing?" My eyes brightened looking at that face. Just like the beautiful boys in K-drama. I didn't see the scar anymore. His hair had grown a bit to hide it. It was also hiding his left eye. "Stop staring at me like that. It's creepy."

"You're so handsome," I whispered.

"Handsome?" He laughed. "After this?" He raised his hair and pointed to the scar. "This ruined my face."

"Scars are beautiful." He laughed again.

"Aren't you meant to be dancing with him?" I didn't reply. "Vivian. I want answers. I hate that silence."

"I don't know."

"You don't know? What don't you-" he was interrupted.

"Andrew." Kalec!!!! "May I steal her for some time?"

"Sure sure. Go ahead." Alec smiled. And held my arm.

"Are you gonna dance with cake?" I dropped the empty paper plate on the table and left with Alec. "So, hi."

"Hi."

"Can you slow dance?" I shrugged.

"Not really. Will you teach me?"

"Here?" I stared at him. "Sure." I smiled. "Your eyes are pretty."

"Thank you."

"You look great in red. It suits you."

"Thank you."

"You look amazing tonight."

"Thanks." I was blushing red. I blushed even harder when we started dancing. Slow dancing.

"You are doing fine. Just follow my steps." I looked downward at his feet, matching my steps to his. "Good. Now, look at me." I obeyed. "It comes easy."

"Thank you, Alec." He just smiled.

"Wow, it's time to switch partners." I looked around and saw others doing so. "You ready?" I bit my lip. "You'll be okay. I hope." He shut me around just as the guy behind him did. He caught his girl while I was caught by...

"I want to eat you up right here, Vivianna." His breath was warm on my neck as he whispered.

***

☆Buchi