||31||

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! WELCOME TO 2022.
___

☆Chioma

"I don't like this skirt. See how many heads turned."

"My own is even long enough. Aren't you seeing other girls? Biko enyela m nsogbu." I hissed and he grabbed my arm. We locked eyes and he searched mine for what? "Buchi."

"I'm sorry." He let go. "You said you were going somewhere." We were in my room. He had snuck in with my help. If any supervisor caught us, we'd be punished.

"Yes. Alec invited me to hang out."

"Where?"

"The recreation ground."

"You're going alone?" I nodded as I removed my shirt then skirt. He turned his face away. Such a gentleman. "I'm coming along."

"You weren't invited," I told him. "Please get that gown on my bed." He passed it to me and I thanked him.

"I want to know the kind of people you're friends with. I still don't approve of Felix."

"I don't need your approval for anything. You aren't even my dad." He sighed.

"Felix will hurt you."

"He won't. He can't. "

"He lusts after you. He doesn't need your friendship. What he wants is you on his bed." I scoffed.

"How do you know?"

"I'm a guy. I know what each of his stares means. And Felix is crazy. Isi na-eme ya somehow." I wore flat sandals and put my phone in the pocket of the gown.

"Are you still coming? Let's go." I said after grabbing my favourite white top which I had already gotten ready. Ka- I mean Alec would sign it.

---
"Order whatever you like. I'll be back soon." Alec ran off leaving me with his friend. The emperor was dark-skinned but looked Indian. I did not know his name. I only knew he was an Imperial, an emperor like Alec and Kenneth. The other person was a girl who kept staring at me. I felt somehow.

She smiled. "I'm JL."

"JL?" Maybe I did not hear clearly.

"No. Jeiel. J-E-I-E-L. Jeiel. It's of Hebrew origin."

"Jeiel. I'm Chioma. But also called Vivian." The Indian guy looked up at me then back at his book. I saw him mouth something.

"Vivian. Nice to meet you." Her smile. Pretty. "Is he your boyfriend?" Buchi was finally noticed.

"My twin brother." She covered her mouth in surprise.

"My bad. I'm sorry." She smiled again. Pretty pretty. "What's your name?"

"Jordan." He was scanning her. Trying to read her. He shrugged. "Chioma I'll be back." He turned around.

"Hey, Starry Eyes!" Alec came running towards us, someone following behind him. Kenneth. Adonis. "Snap out of it girl. I know he's handsome." Alec whom I don't know how he appeared beside me whispered. I blushed furiously. Even more, as he sat beside me. It was the last space. I felt his eyes on me before he looked away. Nice. He had spared me a glance at least. "Have you introduced yourselves?" I nodded. "Let's start again. Name. Then age. Then birthday. Where you're from. Not hard is it? Should I add more details? Oh. And who you are taking to the ball."

Alec was the lively one, I quickly noted. Buchi arrived with two sundaes. Sweet. That's why I loved him so much. I put a scoop in my mouth. This was heaven! I sighed. It made me miss Cold Stone. It had been long.