||55||

Buchi

The fact that Kenneth was coming between us was disturbing. I didn't want to lose her. But it seemed they were quarreling now and it should stay like that. I didn't need anyone ruining the beautiful relationship I had with Chioma. "Jay!" She threw herself at me. And with Felix ahead, I couldn't leave his sister to fall. I caught her.

"Jaelyn, what's up?" She grinned and hugged me.

"Felix suggested we spend time together. Just the two of us." What? I looked at Felix.

"Jaelyn. I want to speak to him. Come." He got off me and went to her brother who pecked her forehead. Beautiful display. I rolled my eyes. "So Jordan..." I folded my arms. "Jaelyn likes you."

"Okay? Then what?"

"In love with you should be the word but I'll pretend she likes you. You know I love my sister very much. She's everything to me. Everything. And I want her to be happy."

"Okay?"

"She wants you. To be her... friend. Boyfriend should be the word but I'll say friend. And I want you to do it."

"You want me to date your sister?" Was this guy listening to himself?

"Yes. She'll be really happy. I want to see her happy."

"I don't like her."

"You can act like you like her. As long as it's enough to deceive her."

"Felix. Man, I can't do this. I'll be hurting her."

"She knows about your... what's her name? Angela? Angelina? Angel. Yes, Angel. Your girlfriend. She knows. And guess what? My sister is looking into everything about you and her. You slept with her August. Congratulations man, she's only fourteen."

I stepped back. What the fuck? That was creepy. "You like a little child. This is all creepy and stuff but do it for my sister. You'd do anything for Vivi. I know. So you must understand. Please."

"Felix."

"Think about it. This semester is about to end. So by next year..." He walked off. "Thanks man." Jaelyn rushed into my arms again. I was shocked and only held her.

"Jay?"

"Huh?" She placed her head on my chest. I needed to see Chioma. Fast.

"How's my hairdo?" She asked.

"It's cute. Suits you." She beamed.

"Thank you, love." Love? I was going to choke.

***
"Buchi gịnị mere? You're not looking well."

"Those siblings. Felix. They're crazy. Chioma I'm dead. I've put someone's daughter in trouble."

"I'm not getting. Whose daughter? What did they do?"

"Angel. She's spying on her. She knows."

"Knows what? Which Angel?" Why wasn't she understanding?

"Angel naw. Christine's.." she understood. "So..." I told her everything. Everything I had been feeling and everything I had done because of my feelings. And what Felix told me.

"You had sex." I winced. "With a fourteen year old. A minor!"

"We're minors."

"That's abuse! Buchi has killed me."

"Stop the drama. It was consensual sex. I wanted it. She wanted it." She gave me the stink eye.

"You're mad! Very mad. Ebee ka your sense gadịrị? She seduced you!"