||38||

☆Kenneth

"So you wanted to talk." I stared at her for a long time. "Look if it's about-"

"Jeiel I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you that way, I'm very sorry." She didn't speak as we danced across the room. "Jeiel."

"It's the second."

"I'm sorry. I wasn't careful."

"He's gonna know."

"Your boyfriend?" She nodded. "He won't unless you tell."

"He will, Kenneth." She sounded scared. "You have no idea who he is." What kind of relationship has she gotten into? Was he the abusive type? "Just one look at me and he'll know that I had cheated on him with you. Again."

"Does he hurt you?" She shook her head.

"He'd never. He loves me." My jaw ticked and I held her closer.

"Why do you sound scared?"

"He called Kenneth. He's coming to see me. He's going to leave his job and come just to see me. And if he knows..." She teared up. "I hate this guilt, Kenneth. It's your fault."

"I'm sorry. Don't cry." Mistake. She was about to sob. "Nothing will happen to you. I promise. I'll protect you with everything."

"I'm not worried about myself Kenneth. He'd never hurt me, I'm sure. But I'm not sure about you."

"Is he more powerful than me? Than you?" I wondered who it could be.

"His wealth isn't even a drop of what our families have. But he has connections. Everywhere."

"Who is his dad?" She didn't reply.

"I don't know him. But his dad is scared of him. My man is not someone to be trifled with. His own father is scared of his potential. " I laughed.

"Very nice story Jeiel. You've become more creative." I wasn't the one who spoke. "You amuse me."

"You think I'm lying Dev?"

"I never said such." He wasn't taking her seriously. Well, who'd believe such a story? A no-name individual would hurt me? Fuck the fact that my father was one of the most powerful individuals in the world, I had also made a name for myself. Now she tells me that cooked up story...I'd never believe that.

It was time to switch partners but I held on to Jeiel. I wasn't going to let her go. "Kenneth, leave her to me." I refused. "Kenneth, dance with my partner. I'll be with her." I sighed and agreed. That was when I saw Vivian. With Felix. I watched them dance but almost lost it when I saw his hand move towards her bottom. I was relieved when her brother took her away. She was safe at least.

***

I just stared at the mirror. I had been there for God knows how long. I finally removed the first lens on my right eye. Using the left I stared at the colour of the right in utter repulsion. Golden or should I say amber-coloured eyes. One of the features I had inherited from my mother. The feature I hated most about me. My weird eyes had brought me a lot of trouble when I was younger. They just didn't match my skin colour. I was very dark-skinned. But then having such light-coloured and bright eyes? It made me look like a freak.

But I had a few problems with my eyes so I got contacts to cover them. The contact lens made them look dark and made me look normal. I sighed and removed the other one.  Blurred. The image in the mirror became blurred. I washed my face and wiped it with a handkerchief before washing my hands. When I was about to pick up my lens, I saw total darkness. *Fuck!*

I noticed movement behind me and turned around only to knock my lens case to the ground. This was bad.  "Kenneth."

"Andrew, what the hell is your problem?"