||47||

Disrespectful kids. Was SS2 all that great to them? Mocking her because she was 15? She was their senior. "All of you should kneel," I ordered and their stupid smiles became crooked. Murmuring. Did they have a death wish? "I should repeat myself?" They hurriedly got on their knees.

"Isong, don't be harsh." I ignored Rhema's reminder. He had been here and his fellow senior was being insulted. He did nothing but clench his fists.

"Rule number 50 in the school's handbook." I doubt many of them would remember. It was given in JSS1.
"Never disrespect a prefect." Some guy managed to say. I nodded.

"Rule number 69?"

"Never disrespect a senior."

"It's incomplete," I told him. "Complete it or you'll chew delicious green grass."

"Erm... Never disrespect a senior regard- regardless of age, size, gender..." I smiled.

"And you broke two rules by insulting a prefect and a senior." There were voices of denial. I scoffed. "As your punishment..."

"Ebenezer," Bisola called me.

"You wish to..." I turned away from Bisola when something caught my eye. "Wait wait. You, stand up." The girl obeyed. "What's up with the length of your skirt?"

"Senior, it's my JSS3 uniform." I raised a brow.

"What happened to the one you were given in SS1?" She clamped her mouth shut. "Using uniforms to deceive young men." I went out to bring something and returned before giving it to Bisola. "You know what to do."

"I know how to handle her type." The smile on her face was wicked. Lovely. "All girls, stand." I turned around when she started destroying the short skirts. The sound of fabric cutting was like music.

"Rhema, conduct a sanitary inspection for all SS2 students. I'll let you punish them but these ones..." I pointed to the students behind me. "They're kneeling till the end of the second break. Outside. " He nodded. As the Male Sanitary Prefect, he knew what he would do.

***

"Fucking asshole disturbing my sleep," I muttered under my breath. I looked at the middle-aged foreigner who happened to be my French teacher. Now I regretted choosing French as a foreign language. Sleep was more important. "Qu'est-ce que c'est?" I asked in annoyance. He frowned. [What is it?]

"Lève-toi." I stood as instructed. "Bon. Stay that way." He said in English. [Stand]

"Pourquoi?" See this man. Does he expect me to keep standing for the remaining 40 minutes of this boring lesson? [Why?]

"Because I said so. Stand. No sleep." Hmph. I rolled my eyes and carried my bag.

"Où vas-tu?" [Where are you going?]

"None of your business, Monsieur." I faked his French accent.

"Come back here you disres-"

"Va te faire foutre." I spat, then walked away. I ignored the continuous gasps and the man's threat of reporting me to authorities. I didn't care. [Fuck off.]

•••

"Are you okay now?" She nodded.

"Thank you, Eben." She smiled at me. I rolled my eyes hiding a smile. "Let's go back to class."

"But your foot."

"I'm fine." But she wasn't. I carried her in my arms. "This is embarrassing. See how these juniors are staring."

"They don't dare say anything. Just  ignore them."

"Why are you suddenly being nice?" I looked at her, raising my brows.

"You want me to drop you?" She shook her head. "Shut up till we get to class." She giggled. "I just miss her company. I don't have many friends you know. "

"So, I'm a replacement."

"You could say that." She scoffed. "Don't feel sad. Tiana is still Tiana."

"I'm not sad."

"So you are okay with the fact that you're her temporary replacement." She shrugged.

"You've always had eyes for her. I'm used to it." I laughed earning looks from my classmates as we entered the class.

"Put me down."

"You can't walk properly. Let your legs heal."

"I'm fine. Put me down." I dropped her on her seat. Only God knew how she'd walk today. Trying to run when she knew she couldn't. God have mercy on her.

---

"Did my class bore you, Ebenezer?" Economics teacher asked. The man wasn't very old. He looked in his late 20s or early 30s.

"No sir."

"You were asleep." He pushed his frames upwards. "Then you walked out on me."

"I was tired. Sorry."

"You don't sleep at night?" I kept silent. "You're changing. Teachers have been complaining. They're wondering why you changed so much. It's appalling. You changed for the worse." I was still silent. "Your records are spotless. Keep it that way. It's your last year here and in a few months, WASSCE will be here. " I knew that.

"You gave her your sanity."

"She took it."

"You were too attached. It's normal at your age to fall in love and blah blah blah, but don't let what you feel ruin you. She should be the least of your problems as a student. Even that new girl." He took in a deep breath.

"You're a smart kid. I know you understand." He then smiled at me. "Now, for that test you missed..."

Another chapter on Ebenezer

Another chapter on Ebenezer. He's got a very bad attitude. This is the real him, actually. He was never a saint. The teachers in PIA are very very disappointed.

Any word for Eben? Drop in the comments. Thanks for reading and voting.