||42||

☆Buchi

As I watched my siblings chatting happily, my mind went back to earlier. Nedum was behaving strangely. First, he had lied to Chioma. He was hiding something, I knew it. He knew Kristopher and what he was hiding was related to him. Weird.

"Buchi, this pizza won't wait for you." I smiled at Chioma and walked to join them. Nedum was staring at me. I tried my best not to look at him.

"Jordan." My heart skipped a beat. Jesus. What kind of vibe was he giving off today and why? He was creeping me out. "Are you alright?"

"Yes."

"You don't seem alright." He touched my forehead. "Normal."

"I'm fine." He smiled.

"You should be."

---

"Iyawo mi." Rhema said when viewing the photo of Chioma I had just uploaded. "She fine pass."

"Werey boy."

"She's my wife nau."

"Rhema your saving grace is the fact that I'm not there." He laughed.

"I guess it's a good thing."

"So how far? Praise?"

"He's not okay. Since this week he's been acting somehow. I only found out what happened today."

"What?"

"The first and most important meal of the day." When I figured it out, I laughed at the humour.

"So, Cherish served him breakfast?"

"She played him." Wow. "She played the player. I thought he didn't like her like that. I knew they were family friends but Praise isn't taking it well. At all. He's falling into depression."

"That bad?"

"Very bad. I feel for him sha." We chatted about more stuff before he brought up a topic.  "Guess what?"

"What?"

"Ebenezer."

"What happened to Ebenezer."

"He forced one junior to eat sand."

"Stop kidding." He was silent. "You're serious."

"Ebenezer is a demon. No one has peace again. The only people he doesn't mess with are SS3s but others,  he's merciless." I was surprised. "And he and the new Head Girl make a wicked pair."

"New Head Girl?"

"Bisola replaced Chioma." Choo! "The other day, SS2s insulted her because,  you know,  she's the youngest in our set. So they were mocking her. I was trying to stop them. Those guys lack respect but I didn't want to enter Savage Mode because God knows what I can do." I laughed.

"Continue."

"Ebenezer happened to be passing and he heard what they were saying. He left only to return shortly holding scissors. At that moment he decided to check school uniform. The girls suffered. He gave Bisola the scissors and told her to destroy their skirts if they were shorter than they were meant to be."

Christ! Was this Ebenezer? "He then told the whole class to kneel in the field in the sun. You know Abuja has hellish sun. He let them go during second break."

I exhaled loudly. Chioma would be shocked to hear this. "What happened to him kwanu?"

"Is it not because she left? He decided to show his true colours." It was true. "Another gist."

"Spill."

"I caught him screwing this hot girl that enrolled for final year." I sat up. This was hot gist.

"Ebenezer? screw? Where?"

"In school. He skipped biology. The two of them. I was going to ease myself, I saw them. Guy, e shock me. I have not recovered. That's not the only thing he did. I heard he lashed out at the French teacher and told the man to fuck off. Then Econs woke him up during class. He just walked out."

"Are you sure we're still talking about Ebenezer Isong?" I inquired. It was sounding strange.

"Who else? So the hottest of the hottest."

"Guy naa, be telling me."

"Dayo caught him and the new chick." Dun dun dun... "His parents are coming for a conference tomorrow." One word for him. Dead. I knew uncle Aaron too well. Ebenezer might not survive.

***

"So, dad, brother, meet Jordan. Jordan,  this is my dad and my elder brother."

Oscar had dragged me that morning to meet his family. They looked like a family of vampires without red eyes.  Both men were in black suits and gloves and oddly, theirs had capes. His dad was holding a staff. "They like dressing this way," Oscar whispered to me.

"Nice to meet you sirs." His dad smiled, and so did his brother. All of them looked alike.

"I'm Vincent." His dad said.

"I'm Sebastian. Pleased to meet you."

"Oscar, hunay. Mother's here." Red. She was in an off-shoulder wine red dress with a long slit. Her make-up was also pale but the bright red lipstick added some contrast.  Her hair was white, dyed I think. Like the other two, she wore a cape.

"Hey, mom."

She kissed Oscar on both cheeks before she looked at me. "This must be Jordan." She smiled at me. "I've heard so much about you, darling. Oscar here talks about you a lot. I'm Esmeray. You two were paired right?"

"Yes ma'am."

"You're a cute child. Love the hair." She touched my curled hair and winked at me before going to stand beside her husband. This family...

🤭🤭 The Ebenezer stuff will be making you guys curious abi? Y'all be wondering what happened to our "gentleman"

This chapter is dedicated to this girl... she's been with this book for long. I'm grateful to her for her support. Peaceless_Peace101.

Thank you soo much.