Chapter XX - Judgment

Começar do início

"Enough!" The Dean's warning went unnoticed as the fight continued. "Eno-"

"Shut up!!!" The whole school yelled in union.

How could these two anger-issued boys make the whole school unite?

Touma managed to get the upper hand and jabbed his arm up to punch Seth's face.

Except his elbow hit my face instead.

***

I sat on the cold clinic chair with ice held to my black eye.

I glare at Seth beside me. He was being treated by a nurse. He didn't deserve to be treated by a nurse.

"I hate you."

He almost grins. "I hate you more."

My eyes narrow with resentment. I despise him so much. In fact, I think he's The Hazard. He didn't even feel any sort of remorse for Mystery Boy.

"You're unbelievable, Woody." I grumble. Woody was me and Pandora's name for him. Seth Greywood. God, I hate that guy.

The nurse leaves him to get more cotton swabs, making it just the two of us.

Touma fled the scene before the Prefects dragged him away. Right now, we have no idea where he is. But one thing's for certain. He's all bloody, roaming the halls.

"Why do you have to be such a scumbag?" I genuinely ask.

"Why not? Do you always have to whine, Paper Boy?"

Paper Boy. That's what Pandora used to call me.

I press the ice lighter on my wound. " . . . How's Pandora?"

"Normal."

"Normal?"

"Normal means something that's a casua-"

"I know." I slump back to my seat before standing up and heading for the door. I absolutely cannot take Seth Greywood.

He leans back. "Bye, bitch."

I sigh as I leave the clinic and head for the bathroom. I like washing my face when I'm stressed or have a lot on my mind. It just refreshes me, I guess.

As I walk to the CR, Naomi Vegas rushes past me. He bumps into my shoulder and looks at me. He was . . . crying. He was trembling as his hand twitched. His eyes were filled with horror before he ran away from me.

What's up with him . . . ?

Before I knew it, I was where I needed to be.

I open the washroom door and open the sink. I splash the cold water on my face before spotting a wet dripping sink.

The sink leaked little droplets of never-ending water as the bowl overflowed with water, leaving a pool on the floor.

I wiped my face with a handkerchief and placed the ice pack on my eye again.

That was before I heard a noise coming from a certain bathroom stall.

"Hello?"

"Oh my fucking God. You again." Touma groaned. Again?!? "Why do you always know where I am?"

"Why do you always stay in that exact stall?!?"

" . . . "

I quickly regret my sarcasm. " . . . Are you okay?"

"I wanna fucking kill Seth." He says in such hate that his anger seeped into my skin.

If I were in Touma's shoes? I would too. "Seth is a complete scumbag. It's like he wasn't the reason TBB was there in the first place."

"Ah." Touma softly chuckled, remembering the memories. "TBB. I created that name."

I felt bad for him. He lost someone dear to him. Someone he really loved. I felt hollow inside and clutched my ice pack. The worst part is . . . I could've saved TBB.

We both stood in silence, with a door separating us. Touma was loved by someone who didn't care what his identity was in a harsh world like this. TBB was one of the only people who accepted who he was. And he's gone.

I was about to say my condolences before he opened the door for the first time. He looked at me with a sorrowful sense of trust.

His face was all bloody with a busted lip, red dripping down his black Converse.

I panicked. "Touma! You need to go to the clinic!"

"Yeah, yeah." The faintest of smiles curled Touma's lips. If you didn't pay attention, it was like it was never there. "Steph . . . thanks for not being an asshole"

Touma Hirota was . . . thanking me? I was taken aback but cleared my throat. " . . . No problem."

"Just- Don't tell anyone I go here often."

"O-of course! But, if I can ask, why don't you go to your own dorm?"

"My dormmates are annoying."

"Oh."

He walks past my shoulder, leaving. "Bye."