Chapter thirty nine

After our heartfelt conversation, Mikey and I both felt emotionally drained. So an idea came to my mind, how about we take a nap to recharge, "Mikey, how about we lay down for a while? You look like you could use some proper sleep" i suggest.

He nods with a grateful smile, his exhaustion evident. "That sounds great, baby. I haven't had a good night's sleep in days" his tired onyx eyes reflecting the relief of knowing we are moving toward healing.

We make our way to the bathroom to freshen up. I grab a clean set of comfortable pajamas to change into, while Mikey wraps a towel around his waist since i putted his clothes in wash machine. He looks worn out, but there's also a sense of vulnerability in his eyes.

Once I have change into something cozy, we head to my bedroom. Mikey lays down on the bed, the towel still wrapped around his waist, while I slip under the covers beside him. The afternoon sun filters through the window, casting a warm, soothing glow in the room.

"Mikey, just relax. We'll get through this together" i whisper softly.

"Thank you, Angel. I don't know what I'd do without you".

We nestle into the soft embrace of my bed, and he gently pulls me close, his arms enveloping me protectively. I snuggle against him, feeling the rise and fall of his chest against my back. His presence is oddly reassuring, and I know we are finding solace in each other's company.

As we close our eyes, the weight of the past few days begins to lift. The world outside fade away, leaving just the two of us in that peaceful moment.

"Angel baby, I want you to know how much your support means to me" he utters those words as soft as ever, showing how much he's grateful for my comforting.

I turn to look into his onyx eyes, which hold a mixture of gratitude and sincerity "Mikey, I'm here for you, no matter what. We'll face whatever comes our way together".

And with those words of understanding and shared strength, we drift into a deep, restful slumber. The hours tick by, and we slept for what felt like an entire day, finding solace and comfort in the presence of each other. It's a much-needed respite, a chance to heal and regain our strength, and for me, a reminder that sometimes, in the midst of life's storms, we can find tranquility in the arms of someone who truly cared.

 It's a much-needed respite, a chance to heal and regain our strength, and for me, a reminder that sometimes, in the midst of life's storms, we can find tranquility in the arms of someone who truly cared

As we wake from our restful nap, the soft hues of the evening sun painting the room in a warm, inviting glow. Stretching lazily, I turn to Mikey and can't help but feel a pang of hunger.

"Mikey, are you hungry?" I ask softly.

His eyes sparkle mischievously, and he flashes a playful grin. "I thought you'd never ask".