40| Broken fingers and Nuclear Physics

"All of the small things that you do, are what remind me why I fell for you"
~New west, Those eyes

E L L O R A

Just like last time, the fall was a rush of adrenaline and ended within a few seconds. One moment I was at the edge of the cliff thinking about what the hell just happened, and the next I'm several feet down splayed on a larger than life net.

I lie there staring at the sky covered with so much fog, thinking how my life went from Rory Gilmore to Beatrice Prior within the span of a few weeks.

A few weeks back getting a good grade in Quantum physics in Uni was my biggest issue with life, now it's getting myself out of this underground headquarter of some crazy scientist gang. And potentially out of the clutches of my Professor.

"Get the fuck down here if you don't want to die."

I slowly turn my head to the side. Gigi stands just by the net.

"What?"

"Are you dumb? Or hard of hearing? Get down the net." Gigi repeats. "There's a one minute rule, where the second person jumps exactly one minute after the first one to avoid accidents. You don't get to just lie there and observe the fog."

I bite back a snarky remark because her words do make sense.

I scoot over and jump down the net.

Before my legs hit the ground I feel a pair of strong hands on my body. Self awareness hits me full force, as I look up at a pair of murky blue eyes. His fingers curl up my ribs right below my breasts.

One of the men from the night at Maven's.

The thousand pair of hands....

Shit.

I immediately struggle in his hold. Well, he is way stronger than I am so I am completely unsuccessful in freeing myself.

The net is situated on a higher-than-ground-level platform. The man very cunningly, drags me to the edge while I still struggle in his hold. And abruptly let's me go.

I trip on my feet at the edge and fall down headfirst on the ground.

No one, litrally no one around the room seems to care. Definately not Gigi, who's annoyed and irritated expression from a few minutes ago has been replaced by a sweet as sacrine smile as she looks behind me. On the net.

I am too engrossed in my own embarrassment and the slight sting at my forhead from hitting the rocky ground, to indulge myself in whatever professor and Gigi have going on.

Although the thought of 'anything' between them brings a bad aftertaste in my mouth.

"What took you so long, Abraham? You took way more than one minute." Gigi asks. Her voice comes from way further than she was standing when I last saw her. As if she has walked towards Professor.

"I wanted to make sure Ellora was out of the way." His mechanical voice answers.

Somehow his words help in diminishing that aftertaste left by Gigi.

"Oh yeah she is pretty dumb. She was actually sitting on that-"

"What the fuck happened here, Ellora?"

Just in time.

I push the ground and try getting up on my own.

As if he let that happen.