Part 20: Exquisite

Asa slowly opened her eyes, still shaking from her turbulent tumble from the sky as she picked up on the conversation between Night Patroller and The Falling Devil.

"Wh...What did you say...?" The Falling Devil asked.

"You heard me..." Legs smiled. 

"The only one who gets to taste Asa Mitaka..."

"Is me!" Legs snarled.

...

...

...

...

...

...

"EXCUSE ME!?!?!?" Asa cried, her entire face flashing beet red. "TH-THERE'S NO WAY I'D EVER-" Asa squealed, trying and failing to escape Legs' grip as he stared down The Falling Devil. "B-Besides! The Falling Devil had only one customer! There's no way that they'd just switch up-"

"Very well." The Falling Devil smiled.

"HUUUH!?!?!?" Asa screamed, utterly flabbergasted at The Falling Devil's sudden turn.

"Even if you're but a piece of the vessel holding Consumption, you must still hold a small part of his being within you." The Falling Devil muttered. "Therefore, it'd make you suitable to try one of my dishes..." The Falling Devil said. "So..."

"Go ahead."

The Falling Devil said, her voice cold and calm.

...

"Alright." Legs said, a bead of sweat forming on his brow.

"LIKE HELL YOU ARE!!!" Asa shoved her hand into his cheek, still trying to worm her way out of Legs' grip

"Asa, just calm down-" Legs tried to say, finally paying her mind.

"NO!!! I WILL NOT LET YOU EAT ME, YOU FUCKING CREEP!!!" She wailed. "I DO NOT CONSENT TO THIS!!!!"

Asa's eyes widened as Legs' hand clamped around her wrist.

"I've already gotten you this far, I just need you to trust me!" Legs hissed. "I promise you, I will get you out of here alive...!" Legs said, lowering his voice. "Just play along..." Legs said.

Asa glared at him, slowly simmering down and averting her gaze.

"Well? I'm waiting." Legs flinched as The Falling Devil spoke.

...

Legs let out a low sigh, and Asa felt his grip on her wrist soften.

"Wh-What're you gonna...?" Asa asked, only to freeze as Legs slowly slid his hand up her wrist, letting his palm glide over and clutch the back of Asa's hand. Asa's cheeks flushed, feeling the gentle heat of his palm encompass her own hand. She watched as legs slowly lifted her hand, guiding it to his mouth.

...

"W-Wait..." Asa murmured, realizing what he was going to do as her blush only deepened.

Legs parted his lips, his breath fogging in the cold air as he gazed down at the small gash Asa had opened in her palm.

"W-Wait...!" Asa squeaked, her breath hitching as she felt his breath beat against her palm, the hot moisture making her entire arm tremble.

"I'm sorry, this is gonna feel really weird...!" Legs muttered.

Asa let out a meek squeak as Legs dragged his tongue across her quivering palm, lapping up the half-dried blood that had trickled from the gash she'd opened in it earlier. Legs lifted his tongue from her palm, letting the blood that stuck to it slowly melt as it was processed by the saliva coating it. He retracted his tongue, letting the taste settle in his mouth as he tilted his head back in utter silence.